Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to school with Blaze-MaGoo

I've had it.Blaze-the-wonder-pup has evolved in to Blaze-the-pup-from-hell. I can honestly say that I like her, and most of the times like having her. But I can also honestly say that I do not love her. If you ask Ida, she would say that I was being unfair. Because Ida loves having Blaze in the house for security (so do we all, for the most part.) But I have never thought that having a puppy would be THIS difficult.
When we had gotten Blaze, she was a 10-wek old ball of fur, and a joy to carry around. She sure grew fast, and at just about 11 months old weighs close to 60 pounds. Which is understandable, being that she is a mix of Sheppard/colli/rotti. From what my vet told em, full grown she'll be anywhere from 75-95 pounds which was more dog than we really had hoped for. At 12-weeks old, Blaze participated in an 8 week training course at PetSmart. We had had our ups and downs during puppy school, but when she had graduated, seemed to really be on the right track. Or so we thought.
Since she graduated, Blaze has regressed (partly my fault) to not listening to her commands, or when I do try to practice her commands she will partake for a bit...and then go in to 'play-mode'. The only commands that she listens to are: sit....and when on the leash (only) let's go, and leave it. Off the leash....forget it. She gives you a look which simply says: 'what do you mean 'leave it'? I have no idea what you're trying to tell me.' Want her to stay? that never happens. EVER. But her two major points of disobiedance are her continuous jumping, and her mouthing. Both of which she should have outgrown by now. Or at least learned to control with the commands given her.
Before I went on vacation, I was at PetSmart, and talked to the trainer. Because you know...PetSmart has the satisfaction gaurenteed cause on their training program. SHA-RIGHT. The trainer tried to rope me in to shelling out another $250. for either a private lesson, OR the next set of classes. They were not willing to honor their gaurentee. So I've let Blaze off the school hook for awhile. But regardless of Ida's stance on Blaze doesn't need any more training...she's going back.
Last night I decided to take Blaze to get her nails clipped, and she was making me look like Freddy Cruger was coming after me. So instead of throwing her in my car, decided to walk her the two miles (so as to tire her out) to the store, and not give the (cute) shop worker a hard time. Yeah, my plan DID NOT go off without a hitch, as I intended. In fact last nights nail clipping included: me straddling the dog to keep her still, my holding her down, John (the shop worker) wrestling with her to clip her nails and inadvertantly touching my boob. BLAZE NIPPING John's hand HARD....and us then muzzling her and restraining her with a choker thing around her neck. John said it was no big deal, about him being nipped...but I knew he was hurt, and I was mortified.
After all was said and done, I bought some treats for her (as they clip nails for free), AND I gave John tip due to feeling guilty over his injury we walked home, with me reaking like dog. Oh Blaze was as happy as a pig-in-shit on the way home. But my mind is made up. Blaze is going back to school, because this is just wrong. And honestly, I can't see owning this dog who is so unruly.And really she is a good dog....she's just thick-headed. So as of Thursday, August 30th Blaze will be in a six-week program, (which is costing me $100.) at PETCO...where the pets go. Hopefully it will do the trick this time. Because if it doesn't Blaze will be in the dog house for sure.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home