Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Working in hell does not even allow you a day off in peace

I don't even know how much of this to post as it is mainly all on speculation. Yesterday I woke up late for work (when on summer hours, I need to leave my house between 7:30-7:40 to ensure I get to the office for 8am.) Yesterday, what time did I wake up? You guess it, 7:30am. At first I rushed around like a chicken without it's head, then said what the hell. I'd take the day (although it was a crappy one, because I had time to do it, and plus I had hoped to sleep.)
Well, sleeping in wasn't happening as mom and Ida wanted me to run errands with them (which was fine.) And by the time we got home, at like 2 in the afternoon, I went upstairs and took a 3-hour nap. So I DID get my sleeping in.
But then this morning as I called a co-worker to alert her to traffic problems, we got to talking and I found out that there was only ONE office support person (and I call her that as she is not an admin. asst. AND because she is only a part-timer in the office. I called in sick, and the other girl who works in the office with 1/2 of the bane of my existance had a scheduled day off. OOOPPS! My bad! But in all fairness, when I called and left the message saying I wouldn't be in, told them to call the house should they need me.
However what is totally weird is that people knew I was out sick yesterday. People who really don't need to know or shouldn't be effected by my being out today. One of the mucky-mucks was in my office this morning when I came in, and he asked me how I was. I found it odd, yet nice that he had asked me. It was very alarming. Then I heard 'The Chief', my boss on the phone with someone whose voice I didn't recognize ('The Chief' was on speaker), and the other party informed him that two other people and myself were out yesterday. So my question is: just how many people know I was out? And why do they know? And who told them I was out? I'm not THAT important to the department, that everyone needs to know my daily activity. Or am I....and they're just keeping it a secret so as not to blow my ego up?
Either way you look at it; even those of us who commute to hell to earn a living are not allowed to take a day off in peace. So I guess that means I really am working in hell.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM , Blogger Tami said...

    And the fires just keep on burning... go on, feed the flames. You know you want to.

    At least there's plenty of company in hell, eh? (Shall we call the useless worker leeches who don't do anything useful but always have a lot to complain about, tinder?)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home