Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, June 15, 2007

A Murder Most Foul!











Do the above photos look like pictures murdereres?

**Disclaimer: photos attached to this entry are not for the weak stomached. Photos at the end of entry.**

Pooka and Cro`i….my mc-kittens. The loves of my life, the best babies any pet owner could ask for. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for either of them, and evidentially they know that. ALL TOO WELL. Because they gave me a gift last night, that only a cat can give its owner. (Or a psycho gives the object of its affection.) And I love my Pooka and Cro`i, my mc-kittens. I just wish things went down a little differently than they had. I would also like to interject the mocking I received last summer when I feared waking up to finding mangled crickets near or on me. But sit back and read this tail of love or in my case my tail of horror. (Note my attempt to be funny with the wrong use of tail.)

Last night, as usual I was looking forward to sleeping in my nice, soft, Egyptian Cotton sheets. I was tired, and looking forward to getting to bed at a decent hour (like 11pm.) But I had found it odd, that my mckittens, Pooka and Cro`i were no where to be found. Pooka wasn’t on my bed, no one was in the little pink room, nor were they running amuck playing in the hall. I put my ‘jammies on, and were calling them as I walked in to my bedroom. And THERE IT was. Something small and not quite belonging on my bed.

I ventured closer. The item on my bed much more distinguishable. I backed away. “Mooooooom, can you come here please?” I call, as though I was 12 instead of 31.Mom was playing on the computer, “What’s the matter?” she asks, getting up to come see. “I’m not sure if I’m right….but what is that on my bed?” I ask her, pointing at the shape. With that Pooka J. Tubbybutt, aka, my mckitten, aka ½ of the dastardly duo, aka His royal tubbiness comes running from his hiding spot, because (his mommy), me found the gift he left for me. He hops on to the bed, and the corpse shifts slightly. Mom looks at me, AND STARTS LAUGHING. I start laughing too. “Awwwwwww, they brought you a gift.” Mom says and begins to praise Pooka. There he is getting petted, and loved up, praised, and he’s purring away. Like an ass, I doing the same thing (praising him…not purring.)

Mom goes back to the computer, and I’m staring at the DEAD MOUSE on my bed. THE DEAD, GOOEY MOUSE, as I see little blood stains. Blood stains on my EGYPTIAN COTTON SHEETS. My Egyptian Cotton sheets which are brand spankin’ new….now the scene of a mouse murder…with little blood stains! Ever so brave….I call again, “Moooooom, can you take the mouse off my bed?” Pooka looks at me like I suggested something absolutely crazy. Mom cracks up, “No way kiddo…that’s your gift and yours alone. You dispose of the corpse.” And there you have it, Mom, chickening out on me. After I saved her from the chicken breast aside the refrigerator.

So I go to my other savior…Ida. I walk half way down the steps, “Ida….are you awake?” I call. “Yes, why?” I hear from the family room. “Are you comfortable yet?” I ask hoping she says no. “Yes, I am…why?” She asks again. “I have a gift in the middle of my bed, and I need you to remove it for me.” She isn’t budging…”What is it?” She wants to know. “A dead, gooey mouse that the cats gave me as a gift!”
Ida was no help at all, “Nu-huh, you’re on your own.” She calls. And much to my surprise and duress, she DIDN’T come to rescue me from the DEAD, GOOEY MOUSE on my bed.

So what did I do next? I’ll tell you. Between fits of laughter, shared between mom and myself, I grabbed two plastic shopping bags and scooped up the disturbingly soft, and squishy mouse off the bed, tied up the bag and threw it in the trash…tying that bag as well. Pooka and Cro`i looked appalled that I would throw a perfectly good, DEAD MOUSE gift away. Next I gave them heaping amounts of treats as a thank-you/reward for the mouse which they gobbled up. I then proceeded to strip off my sheets, and my blankets, and my stuffed animal (Flounder from ‘The Little Mermaid’) and marched down stairs to throw them all in the washing machine. I washed them with loads of soap on cold water, as to not allow the stains to set. Next I went in search of disinfectant to wash down my pillows and mattress (okay, maybe this was a bit overkill- no pun intended.) But I don’t care. Unable to find Lysol, I used the remaining rubbing alcohol I had and washed down the mattress. Today I will Lysol the mattress and pillows before I redress the bed. This morning I washed my sheets and blankets, and Flounder in HOT water, and Ida is now in the process of washing them again in warm water. Hey, I need my sheets MOUSE-GOO free.

I also slept on the couch downstairs, far…far away from the murder scene of my bed. Yes, it is very clear that Pooka and Cro`i love me. And I love them more than anything in the world. But I can’t help and wonder if I was so far fetched last summer to worry about dead or mangled crickets being dropped on me that they caught. Or if maybe having Cro`i on my tummy as I watched a Jack The Ripper documentary not so much a good idea. All I know is this was the second mouse they’ve caught…and my loveable mc-kittens are now serial killer








This is a photo of the DEAD GOOEY MOUSE on my bed last night:
Pooka looking smug after 'the kill'.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 AM , Blogger Tami said...

    Aww...the McKitties just want to show their love. Too bad they decided to show it on your brand-spanking new birthday sheets...now defiled and deserted. At least the gift still had it's head attached. My friend has a neighborhood cat that left her a gift on her front porch. That gift had half a head. She closed the door and left the house through the back instead, and made her husband remove it. (She removes all the spiders for him, so it's only fair.)

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    LMAO! About your friend removing the spiders for her husband, that is. And you're right, that is only fair he remove the mouse for her.

    Mice don't bother me. (Alive OR dead.) However, I like them whole...not gooey or missing half a head, as in your friends case.

    But I do not enjoy mice left as gifts on my bed. Next to my bed would have been totally fine. LOL.

    But what can I say? The Mc-kittens love me, and I them. Therefore I must love the fact they gifted me with a mouse. :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home