Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Craziness in the work place which is filled with crazies!

So I was driving home the other day, and thinking about my blog and how I have been able to update it more frequently, after practically abandoning it. Then it hit me, what had started out as a venting spot for me about my job and co-workers has not had any gripes about what is going on here. So here we go, because I’ve got a bunch to catch you all up on!

1. ‘Big Bad’ (my old boss) will now be referred to as ‘Big Dick’ because; well he can be such a dick. And it’s sad because he used to be so nice, and a really great person to work for or with. But he has these back-stabbing, underhanded ways about him. And he thinks that everyone is like him. For example, one of the departments in my company has food provided for them (such as bagels or cookies, or snacks) and one day there was an excessive amount left over. Well the bagels were brought in to ‘Big Dick’s’ office, and when a co-worker of mine went to snag one for her lunch…there were NONE to be found! Where did the bagels go? Because they didn’t leave the office, and the fridge there was crammed with jellies, and butter and cream cheese. He smuggled the bagels out to bring home, and this wasn’t the first time he has done something like this.


2. But that’s nothing. Because ‘Big Dick’ does this walk-thru thing thru my office. Another example: we have two doors in to my ‘cave’, (1) from the parking lot, (1) from the warehouse. And what ‘Big Dick’ does is come in from one entrance, and just walks thru the office and out the other door. No stopping to fax, copy, or talk to anyone such as my boss (the nice boss.) ‘Big Dick’ just does this to see what we were doing, if we were socializing or goofing off. One day he did this 3 times within a ten-minute span and even my boss was like ‘what the hell is that?’


3. When I had started working here, I would make cakes for peoples birthdays, and we would have small get-togethers but then some freaks on the second floor (who must have been deprived of birthday parties growing up) made it such an ordeal that for the past year Claire and I have tried to STOP the cake festivities. So what happened now? Well ‘Big Dick’ decided that we should have a bagel party for a PART-TIME employee who used to be ½ of ‘bane to my existence’. She still does nothing. I mean she SO DOES NOTHING, that she has people walk down her paperwork for her, from her office to mine or vice versa. So you can understand my griping that she should NOT have a bagel party to ‘celebrate her five years of hard work.’ Well Orelinde made a boo-boo, a BIG one. I had e-mailed a co-worker of mine a comment, and she had replied, but somehow it had gotten back to me and ‘Big Dick’. So now ‘Big Dick’ is actually shunning me, for the past two days because I was the one who passed a comment. He will not talk to me or look at me. If he does his walk thru, he actually makes a point to talk to everyone other than me. Like this hurts me. What am I five? Am I supposed to cry over this? I don’t think so….but this just proves that ‘Big Bad’ has turned in to ‘BIG DICK’.

4. I have a crush on someone in my company. And I don’t know why. I also know that once a certain someone reads this blog she is going to flip-her-lid. There’s a man who works for my company in a management position. He is not sociable, and does not even has people skills for the most part. Many people outright dislike him, and say he has NO sense of humor. In fact when I had started working here, ‘Big Dick’ tried to convince me that this guy was trying to cause problems for me. And perhaps this guy who I’m crushing on was. But this man has been in my building on special projects for about 8 months, (not on a daily basis) and we have a nice relationship when he is here. I even get him to laugh (which as rumor has it, he NEVER does), and he has even joked with me and my sidekicks. Has he changed completely? Absolutely not. And I’m not dumb enough to think that he is all sunshine and flowers, because he is very quiet, and ‘all businesses for most of the time he’s here. He’s older than me, as in old enough to be my father probably…and also is married. SO THERE’S NO WAY I WOULD EVEN ACT ON ANYTHING. If there was even anything to act on. Because there’s not. But I still have a work crush on him.

5. Claire is no longer in my department. She has moved on, in the company to a different department, and even floor. And I’m happy for her. But I still miss her.

6. I still have the other half of ‘bane to my existence’ sitting in the cube next to me. He’s as loud as ever and just as annoying, if not more so. I have found that I can tune him out from time to time which may or may not be good. He sings, whistles, drums, and makes siren noises. He sings and whistles so loud, that if he leaves the office, we can hear him for some time. ‘Bane to my existence’ thinks he is the shiznit but really he’s just a peon. All he does is complain, complain, and complain about all the work he does…yet he was the one who begged for it. Now he wants to hand payroll back over to me to handle. And if that’s the case fine. But I’m not volunteering to take it off his hands. In fact I believe he will now be referred to as ‘Bane to my existence’. I think he’s earned that full title.

And that pretty much sums it up I’m sure there will be more crap to talk about in the future about the crazies I work with. But I think you guys have enough to digest, and maybe even pity me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home