Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me…31 and So-Much-Fun!!!

So yesterday was my birthday, as as usual Mom and Ida made it an extra special event. We celebrated from Friday night all the way up until last night, and I never want to eat again. I also treated myself of course, but actually didn’t go the jewelry route as I normally do.

Friday night mom had to run to the Smithaven Mall to do some errands, and asked if we wanted to have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. So Ida and I said ‘yeppy-deppy,’ and I was stoked, as I wanted to go to Macy’s anyway. You see, I had found Egyptian Cotton 300 thread count sheets on sale for $59.99 which is a STEAL. Have I ever owned Egyptian Cotton? Absolutely not. Have I heard how soft and what a MUST HAVE they are? You bet your ass I have. So for my 31st birthday I was determined to have sheets that would envelope me in softness, and guarantee me a comfortable night’s sleep. At the Cheesecake Factory, I had a chicken and pasta dish which was quite spicy and not overly heavy. Ida had the Sheppard’s Pie, and mom had a soup and salad and sandwich combo. For dessert the three of us split the Tres de Leche cake, which was huge, and overly delicious. I was a happy, if not stuffed camper. Mom then went home, and I made my way to Macy’s for some comfy sheets which were beckoning to me. Well, I realized I was a bit of a mo-mo head when in the bedding department I couldn’t find my sheets, nor did I have the name of the company who made them. I sought out a sales person who informed me that they may not have them, as they don’t carry everything the web site does. But she was able to lead me to a sales table which had different Egyptian Cotton sheets on it, which I had to buy each piece separately. I was a bit bummed because I figured I would wind up paying more this way (as opposed to if I bought the bedding set which I had seen on-line.) Well I sure was WRONG. Because for (2) pillow cases, (1) fitted sheet, and (1) flat sheet the total price was $36.00. And they are the most SOFEST sheets I have ever owned. I can’t help but wonder what even higher thread counts feel like. But I am loving my sheets for sure.

Saturday was pretty much an easy day, ran errands, did some shopping, lounged about and then went to dinner again. We went to The Radio Grille, which is a local joint that I used to love. But we were not as impressed as we had been in the past with them. The service was poor, the food mediocre, and I it just wasn’t like how it has been in the years past. I had shared a mushroom appetizer with mom, and had a veggie wrap and French fries. Mom and Ida both had burgers.

Sunday was my REAL birthday, and I was nervous as I had to do my bare stage rehearsal for dance. My original b-day plans had to be cancelled as I needed to be at the rehearsal so we were unsure where we would do dinner. Mom and Ida (not to mention my mckittens and the pooch) gave me absolutely BEAUTIFUL tanzanite earrings, which I am wearing in the 3rd hole on my ears. They’re set in white gold, look like flowers and are HUGE. I got 2 lovely b-day cards from the family…and my cousin Dee called to wish me a happy day, as well as Michelle. From Japan, I got a video from Michelle’s nephew and nieces singing happy b-day to me.

I also had my bare-stage rehearsal yesterday afternoon, and due to getting lost on the way there only managed to participate in the tap dance. It went rather well, except I goofed on one part, but managed to stay in time with my fellow dancers. After that was over and done with…Mom, Ida and I had dinner at Carraba’s Italian restaurant, for the first time. Food was delish, and the pomegranate martini wasn’t too shabby either. Instead of singing in English, they sing happy birthday to you in Italian which is mad cool.

So turning 31 was not bad at all. I was with people who loved me, and got a few pleasant surprises. I wasn’t dreading it like I had dreaded turning 30.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you had a good weekend.

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Oh jeebus! I didn't even get a note saying you put a comment.

    Thank you for the birthday wishes, it is much appreciated.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home