Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bide-A-Wee…..more like Hose-A-Me

Once upon a time there was a family, and for the most part they were a loving family in search of a nice puppy needing a loving home. This nice family didn’t want to buy a pet, as they had always rescued or adopted their pets. So, one family member, oh…we’ll call her ORELINDE; went in search of a puppy to bring in to their home. And so this puppy was found, at the Bide-A-Wee animal shelter.

And this little puppy won the hearts of this loving family, and when the family asked about adoption fees was given the best news. This puppy, who, oh….we’ll call her BLAZE; had already been spayed, 2 weeks of free medical care, her Rabies shot, and had ALL her shots, just needing one round of boosters. And with a ‘donation’ of $100.00 Blaze and her family went home to live a long and happy life.

Then came the date when Blaze needed her booster shot, January 26th when Orelinde brought Blaze back to Bide-A-Wee (under the premise that it would cost her $65.00) for the booster got hit with a bill for $72.00 which included: Distemper booster, which would need to be followed by a third and final booster, as well as her poop exam and waste disposal fee, and heartworm meds. (which she’ll be on for life because ALL dogs need this medication.) And so we were told: Blaze is in good health, is up-to-date on all shots, and just needed her final distemper booster.

La-la-la…Orelinde takes her fast growing, kooky-but-lovable puppy to a real vet on February 16th, for the LAST (booya!) Distemper shot. This is it, no more huge bills pertaining to puppy-face. But then the whole Bide-A-Wee ruse comes clean. Because the vet notices that Blaze NEVER had Rabies shot. And EVEN THOUGH we had a vaccine tag for the Rabies, there was NO paperwork. So I was told to call Bide-A-Wee and ask for the paperwork. If she didn’t have the shot, then the vet would be ‘more than happy to administer the vaccine when I brought her back for the Lymes vaccine booster in 3 weeks.) So there I was hosed for 3 booster shots: the final distemper, and two of the Lymes, plus a 6-month supply of her heartworm meds, and the office visit at the all low-price of: $152.00

And here we are, calling back and forth between yesterday and today, and talking with some helpful and NASTIER Bide-A-Wee employees. Because Bide-A-Wee did NOT ever give her the Rabies vaccine as she was ‘too young’ and they are not going to honor the 2-week free of charge medical agreement if they administer the shot now because we’re past that date. When I questioned why she was never given the Rabies shot, back on January 26th when I went for the booster from them, was told ‘no idea.’ The manager for the adoption center today told me that the waiver I signed when adopting Blaze states that I’m aware of absorbing any and all medical responsibilities for the pet I’ve adopted. Under no circumstance will Hose-A-Me, oops, I mean Bide-A-Wee honor their mistake or misguiding, or outright lie and give my loveable pooch her shot. This now means that I will have to pay out even more money for my free pooch. Because, ya know, Bide-A-Wee is a non-profit organization. I didn’t buuuuuy a pet….I’ve rescuuuuued a pet..

3 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger claire said...

    yeah....
    well.

    i have nothing to say about this. except.

    i'm sorry.


    dogs are such a pain in the ass, aren't they?

     
  • At 11:45 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I'm glad these people are taking care of animals and not humans.

     
  • At 5:24 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Claire: I know you understand completely what I went thru on this. Pets...can't live with them, can't live without them.

    Piccu: The best was when I called and asked the person (whom I was speaking with) what her name was, she got downright nasty, saying I didn't need to know it.

    It makes rescuing a dog (oh my bad....adopting) one almost not worth the time.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home