Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The life and times of Orelinde Inglorion

Orelinde is making some changes:

Well, as some of us may know, the way I got in to blogging in the first place was by generating a blog based on my dating experiences. However, that blog dried up real fast, as fast as my dating spell did. And then I generated my daily blog {which I love.}

During my ‘quiet dating time’ I have been single, and for the most part liking my life. I come and go as I please; following my own interests and not feeling like I need to alter my life or myself to please anyone. I dyed my hair blond in July, and just this past weekend returned to my NATURAL color (a color I haven’t been in 16 years.) I go away on min-vacations when I want, and don’t stress if I need to stay late in the office,
is the male part of the bane-to-my-existence that I have posted about here frequently. I also knowworrying if someone is going to get pissed that I am not at their beck-and-call. Yes, I have dated during this time, but it didn’t go ANYWHERE, and the last dude was married as he eventually revealed to me.

So here I’ve been, enjoying my life, and enjoying my time. Until yesterday when an ever-so-annoying co-worker asked me for the umpteenth time when was I going to get busy and start dating someone. Yes, the co-worker who was so brazen as to ask me this
he wasn’t asking me this, because he is interested in me, as I know his taste in women. (Thank God I don’t fit it.) He just wants to see me involved with someone and happy, which I guess is nice.

None of my friends have ‘nice’ friends that they’d want to introduce, and all of my friends are either happily involved or married to someone. I have gone out, not looking to ‘meet’ someone, and have done the museum, wine tasting, just go and have fun thing
without meeting anyone. This brings me back to on-line dating. I am going to try this for 3-months and see what happens. My pal Claire is going to be my voice of reason, and sounding board. Perhaps I will meet someone who is ‘the one’. Perhaps I’ll go on some dates and get my feet wet again. No matter what, I hope to have some juicy stuff to share with you all, on the dating blog. However I’ll have to be real careful with what I type. Because you never know who’s reading. *Wink*

2 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM , Blogger claire said...

    just do yourself a favor and never tell any of them that you have a blog. that will totally kill the anonymity of this whole thing.

    good luck, you.

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    C'mon dude! Do you honestly think I would say to some guy: 'by the by I have a blog about my dating and love life? And oh...you'll be mentioned on it.'

    Let's give me a little credit.

    Even if I get serious with someone, may never tell them about that blog.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home