Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Without further ado....please meet Vixen!






Tuesday night in to Wednesday morning I was unable to sleep. It was the worst case of insomnia I had had in weeks. I mean totally wide awake until 4:30-5:00am. I had taken the Tuesday off because I had a stomach virus, so knew I really shouldn't take Wednesday off and braved the office. But I know why I was having trouble sleeping that night. And in a way, that's a relief.



After a harrowing puppy search, visiting a kennel....calling numerous shelters, and searching the web it has come to a conclussion. For months, my heart had been set on bringing a Boxer in to our home, where as mom had said no buying a dog. Ida on the other hand was wanting either a Labradoodle or a Boxer. All our lives, from when they were kids, and up until now we have NEVER bought a dog. It has always been a rescue type thing. So even though I love Boxers, it killed me to think about paying $1,500. for a pet. Yes I had attempted to contact several Boxer rescue groups, and never got a return call or e-mail. I had surfed the net and had no luck there either.



Then on Monday, from the office I decided to surf a site: www.petfinder.org to see what I could come up with. And lo and behold my prayers had been answered from the puppy gods. No, she wasn't a Boxer...but she just melted my heart. A rescue group called Fur Babies had rescued a pregnant American Staffordshire Terrier from a high-kill shelter and the momma dog had given birth to a healthy litter of six pups. So I called Ida, and all but yelled in to the phone 'I found our puppy!', and then launched in to telling her all the information the pupy named Vixen had in her profile. Ida gave me the green light and I contacted Fur Babies and filled out an adoption application. Upon discussing this with mom and Ida, we've even decided to keep the pups name, as it is so cute.



I just woke up to go to the bathroom and grab a drink, and decided to check my e-mail. And it is with a soaring heart to announce that Vixen is ours, as of next month. The delay is she is waiting to be spayed and get her vaccinations as is the deal with the adoption process. I strongly support pet rescue & adoption, and strongly urge those of you looking for a pet to search www.petfinder.org as they can locate animals in your area. Thank you to Fur Babies and Kris for saving Holly, and in turn bringing Vixen in to my family. Without further ado, I present Vixen to you.



1 Comments:

  • At 4:40 PM , Blogger claire said...

    Yay! She's a cutie...

    But, of course, a potentially pain-in-the-ass breed. Ah, well. All depends on how you raise her. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home