Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Time flies as you get older...not necessarily having fun.

Hey there everybody! I had been trying to get my Thanksgiving trip blog up before December 1st, but as normal...things didn't work out just how I expected them to. I promise however that the post will be up either by tonight or tomorrow morning...it's 1/2 done. Also, I decided to get in to the holiday spirit each day I am going to post some sort of holiday trivia, fact or something until we get to the big DECEMBER 2-5.

It's funny how fast the year flies by as you are an adult. I remember being a kid, and the year seemed to drag....forever until my birthday....Christmas is eons away.....Halloween is never going to get here. But as an adult, it feels like just yesterday we were taking down decorations to put away. Another year a blur...another year goes by without goals achieved or dreams fulfilled. But I am greatful. I have learned A LOT about myself, and my household over the past couple of months. My mother and I may fight and my mother and Ida may argue. And we do it hard, and we do it with passion. But we love one another even harder and fiercer. So be thankful for those you have, and those you love. With that, enjoy holiday treat #1. :-)

  1. Mistletoe - Ancient Celtic priests calls Druids around the New Year would collect mistletoe from their holy oak tree and offer some as a sacrifice to the gods. Some would be hung up during a ceremony which people would stand under it and kiss showing an end to their old grievances with each other. This later practice never actually died out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home