Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hugh Jackman double feature

So today was movie madness it seems, when in fact I had wanted to do a light laundry, and pack for our trip to Salem on Wednesday. (On a side note, I think it is going to be COLD up in Salem. Ida is already planning our return in June. LOL.) So anyway, knowing that our cousin's daughter wanted to see 'Happy Feet', mom mentioned to our cousins we would take her.Turnes out we didn't just take her. Ida, mom, our cousin Lynn, little Gabby and I went to the movies this afternoon to see 'Happy Feet'.

Let me tell ya something boys and girls....'Happy Feet' isn't a totally HAPPY movie. For a kids cartoon which had singing and dancing...there was more adult humor and politics than Oh...I don't know, 'Mary Poppins'? It was cool, because there was A LOT of real penguin behavior in it, and if anyone had seen 'March Of The Penguins', would totally be smiling and nodding along saying 'oh yeah, I remember that.' There was social issues about accepting someone for who they are, environmental issues with the polluting of natural resources, oceans. There was protecting of a species, and the evils of aquariums in this movie. On more than one occassion I was a bit shocked by the not so discreet message in the film or worrying about Mumbles Happy Feet getting back home. The movie was great, it had me laughing, and it DID have me tapping my feet. But it was totally not what I thought it would really be.

After the movie finished, the theater had said if anyone had wanted to go in to see 'Flushed Away'....we'd be more than welcome to, as they were very slow. So Gabby & her mom went their own way and mom, Ida, and I went in to 'Flushed Away'. It was GREAT. I loved the humor of the script, the talent of the actors, and the creativity of the animation. Again, there was a lot of adult humor, but it wasn't a 'G' rating.

Hugh Jackman is flooding the theaters with his presence this year. From XMen III, the Scoopes, The Prestiege, Happy Feet, Flushed Away, and the upcoming Fountain. It makes me wonder if he is going to tire us out, or show us he isn't just a wolf in man's clothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home