Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bitch-fest Wednesday

*Scowls* Today is not a happy hump day. It had started out that way. But it has quickly turned in to a 'bite me', 'what the fuck were you thinking', 'why do I have to be surrounded by incompetants' and 'what happened to me living my life' day. No, it's not that time of the month...it has just quickly turned in to a shitty day. Perhaps my mood will change later, but as of now, there is no chance in hell that would happen.

Work. WORK SUCKS ELEPHANT SCHLONG today. I used to love my job, love the people I worked with. I used to actually look forward to coming to the office. But just read past entries of this blog, and you will see how my mood and attitude about this place has changed. I am not going to rehash. I will go on to say, that I love working for my immedate boss, 'the chief'. I do not have a problem with him. But he has been taking a lot of flack for the crap that has been transpiring in our department. Things such as work not being done fast enough (due to lack of man power or supplies needed for the job.) Paperwork being misfiled, not signed or just outright paperwork missing due to another employee's lack of organization skills. Now I'm not talking about my co-worker that I have had problems with in the past. She just can't file to save her life. This problem I am talking about now, pertians to an older (sweet) man who just either doesn't care anymore or perhaps isn't able to keep on top of it. I dunno which it is. But I do know that by his staying on his game, and I have CAUGHT this....he is making my job here harder. So yet again, I am going to have to sit in yet ANOTHER meeting tracking down this damn paperwork, and practically fall asleep as he goes over his 'tracking system' which pretty much resembles columns and columns of running numbers.

Saturday I was supposed to get my roots and hi-lites touched up. But yet again, I have to change MY plans, Turns out, being that we've recently change car insurance, they want a photo of my car to prove it is in pristine condition. The place is only open until 1pm on Saturday, and being that I work for the hell-hole I ranted about just above...only have time to do this on a Saturday. But my aunt needs me to have it done THIS Saturday, because she doesn't drive and my mother refuses to drive my SUV...so its not like I can switch vehicles for a day with my mother to do me this favor. Did I have to reschedule my hair appountment? According to Ida no, but I HAD to be to the car place no later 1pm. So stress me out even more about missing that appointment. SO what do I do? I rearrange MY hair appointment.

I'm tired guys. I'm tired of having stomach issues. I'm tired of working for a company that runs backwards. I'm tired of feeling like I go out of my way. I'm tired of feeling like all of the things I just complained that I'm tired of.

** Like I predicted to a friend of mine...my mood would lighten up a bit from when I started this post. By 2:30, I was over my ranting, and was able to actually joke and smile with some of my co-workers and family. I was glad to see that I wasn't so cranky.**

***Forget my comment about being in a better mood. Mom, Ida & I went to Burger King for dinner, so we could get Happy Feet kids meal toys. Everything was fine, and we were having an enjoyable BK meal. I was looking forward to going to dance class and working up a sweat. Then a bunch of high school aged kids (maybe junior high school kids) came in and were acting all idiotic. They started a spitball fight and after a while their skeezy spitballs wound up in my dinner. So very firmly, yet politely I said 'dude...your spitballs are going in my food.' Of course I wasn't about to eat that then...because who knows what kind of germs were oozing from their spit. Did I get an offer to have my salad replaced or the money given to me? HELL NO....got a bunch of smack spoken to me, so I had to engage in childish banter with them.***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home