Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

November count down

10 Days until the mother's birthday. She will be 65 years old and I am taking her to an Italian restaraunt, in NYC that she used to go to often with the family back when we lived in Brooklyn. We're also going to take her to Jacques Torres chocolate factory, so she can expierence the chocolatly-goodness that Ida and I had back in June.

21 Days until we go back up to Salem, MA for Thanksgiving. We will be staying at The Salem Inn once again. Our original plans had been to split our stay between the Inn and the Hawthorne hotel. However the Hawthorne Hotel was asking for an unreasonable amount of money for the cats to stay as well. (The Salem Inn is waiving the fee because I am a returning guest.) We had wanted to have Thanksgiving dinner at the Hawthorne Hotel, and when I called to make a reservation, they were only taking bookings for 11:30, IN THE MORNING. The reason is: 'they haven't gotten around to doing the seating chart for the afternoon session.' So we'll be driving down to Boston for Turkey-day dinner, and eating at the Omni Parker House.

The Omni Parker House has a lot of history to it. JFK has dined and made speaches there. Many a politician and high mucky-muck has stayed, drank, or dined there. The Omni Parker House also is where Parker Roles, and Boston Cream Pie were invented.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am very disappointed to read the twisted words that were posted on your daily blog. The Hawthorne Hotel is known as one of the premier destinations for Holiday Events. We know this to be true due to the large number of regular returning guests that book each year, often 3 months in advance to guarantee their seats. Many of the Hawthorne Hotel friends and families have been joining us as a tradition for a number of years.

    We usually book up a month prior to the event and work our hardest to open up as many other seatings at the regularly requested times. We take many inquiries for this event, always offering the times we do have available and informing the callers that we can put them on a waiting list with hopes of opening up a seating at their requested time.

    I personally work studiously every day and night at accommodating everyone’s individual request and have always somehow found a little left over Halloween Magic to accommodate them all. Even until the last 10 minutes prior to the starting of the event, I am calling everyone down the waiting list to let him or her know I may have found something for them. This is true dedication to helping everyone make his or her holiday as special as possible. With a little patience and determination, if you let me I will always truly do my best to find the best fit possible for your request.

    Sincerely,

    James Kluge

    Dining Service Manager of the Hawthorne Hotel

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I am sorry to have offended you, Mr. Kluge. If you are true to your word about working to accomodate people, then you are truly an asset to the Hawthorne hotel.

    However what I posted in my entry regarding this upcoming trip is all true. From the rate to have two small pets stay with me (which ok, I get as it is a hotel. But htese are cats...not elephants.) I digress, I was shocked that the hotel was not willing to work with also offering AARP rates. Stay-wise, The Salem Inn was more accomodating and thus our stay with them for the full vacation in 2-weeks.

    However when I attempted to book my Thanksgiving dinner reservation and was told, and I stick to what I had posted, by an employee of the Hawthorne Hotel, THAT was DISAPPOINTING and SHOCKING. But I'll give the benefit of the doubt, and see if you do indeed contact me to accomodate me and my family.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home