Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Halloween Meme thingy

I saw this on my friend Claire's blog, "Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..." and thought it was a cool source of learning about her. So I've bit off her idea, and am putting it on my blog, with my information. Hope you all enjoy!

1. whats the scariest movie you've ever seen?
The Exorcist’. I don’t care how long ago it was made, or what people say. I was unable to sleep for a month after seeing that movie. THE ORIGINAL…with pea soup spewing and all. To this day, I can’t re-watch it from the beginning and if it is already in progress, need to jump the channel fast. Also ‘It’ scared the crap out of me. To this day, if I look down a storm drain, I expect to see the clown staring up at me.

2. what was your favorite halloween costume as a child?
I have two actually. One was my Wonder Woman costume, which is the first I remember wearing. It was really a bathing suit, but I had red rain boots. I may have been 3 years old, or 4…but I was the shiznit! Then when I was 5, Aunt Ida made me the coolest pirate costume. Plaid pants which she sewed on the sewing machine, along with vest, and the coolest….COOLEST cardboard cutlass with the blade enrobed in tin foil. Well, by the time I got home from my kindergarden session, my poor cutlass was wilted from my pirating adventures, but it was the BEST of all my costumes.

3. if you had an unlimited budget, what would your Fantasy Costume be for this halloween?Arwen, with authentic costume, circlet and sword.

4. when was the last time you went trick or treating?
Two years ago...took my cousin’s daughter just so I could relive the magic.

5. whats your favorite halloween candy?
I can’t eat peanut butter anymore…but there’s nothing like a peanut butter cup! Also Mounds or Twix work just as well!

6. recount a scary nightmare you had:
I was at my cousin’s house, and we were hanging out in her bedroom. Well to shorten this whole dream, because it was seemed to be an all-night nightmare, I was trying to banish the devil from her room. And the devil wanted my soul….and I was telling him he’d never have it. As I was praying and trying to cast the demon out, he actually grabbed my wrist…and in my dream it felt like I was really being grabbed.

7. what is your supernatural fear?Zombies. No doubt! Night of the Living Dead type, eat your brains and chew on your flesh zombies. Of course it can possibly happen, like due to nuclear explosions or something…and I am terrified of it coming true. That and aliens.

8. what is your creepy crawlie fear?
I hate spiders.Evil...pure evil.

9. tell us about a time you saw a ghost, or heard something go bump in the night.
It wasn’t a scary experience at all. You see my grandma passed away way before I was born…and my grandpa passed when I was 18 months old. So I never got a chance to know my grandfolks. However I was young, would have to say about 7 years old when I woke up very gently, and standing on the side on my bed was both my grandma & grandpa staring down at me and smiling. They were solid, yet I could see through them, and there was a sense of peace and comfort. (I knew it was them, because I’ve seen them in pictures.) When I reached out my hand to hold their hands, they disappeared slowly, as if they were never there….almost as if they faded out. I immediately got up, went to the bathroom and got a drink of water. So I know it wasn’t that I just dreamt the whole thing.

10. would you ever stay in a real haunted house overnight?
I don’t know. On one hand it would be cool to see if I experienced anything. On the other hand I may be scared out of my whit’s. However when I go up to Salem, MA…I do stay at The Salem Inn, and that does have a haunted room. Although I haven’t stayed in that particular room yet.

11. are you a traditionalist (just a face) or do you get really creative with your pumpkins?
I am an equal opportunist when it comes to pumpkin carving I guess. I have tried the elaborate carving, from the kits. I have done free style, with my own hand as well. I also like pumpkins in whole as well.

12. how much do you decorate your home for halloween?
As much as possible. Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday.

13. what do you want on your tombstone?
I want to be cremated. No being worm food or turned in to a zombie for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home