Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Orelinde’s grueling ‘hot’ questions for a cool Fall Wednesday:

If you could go to one of the following places on vacation, which destination would you pick:

(A) Jamaica, the tropical islands, for a cousin’s wedding.
(B) Ireland, a much desired trip to the emerald isle.
(C) Hawaii, because you can get a somewhat fair deal.

For YEARS I have been wanting to go to Ireland. I have no valid reason, other than it is somewhere I want to go to absorb the culture, and see some of the history there. Plus I think a visit to the Guinness Factory would be a required stop as well. My goal is to fly in to Dublin or Belfast, spend a few days, and then take the rail (to the opposite town) and finish my vacation there. Each time I think ‘this is the year to go’ something happens and I have to push it off.

In May, my cousin and his fiancé are getting hitched down in Jamaica, and are having a reception at the house when they get back. Whoever wants to see them get married is more than welcome to go and partake. So I had planned on going to Jamaica for the festivities and sun-soaking. But my cousin and the bride-to-be is not setting ANYTHING up for would be guests at the resort. Not blocking off any rooms, not taking care of a dinner….you TOTALLY have to fend for yourself. Which got me to thinking.

Do I: (A) Go to Ireland either in May of ’07 or early fall of ’07 on a guided tour. Because as per my mother….’Ireland is not safe for a girl to go on her own and I may be sold in to white slavery.’

(B) Try to go away for New Years Eve, for example set my vacation for 12/28/06-1/4/07. And go somewhere for a good deal.

(D) Book an exotic trip, through Expedia or some travel thingy and go to Mexico or Hawaii.
I think I have a pretty good idea what I’m going to do…but I need some input on this one.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    This is all you, I hate to travel to work and back.

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Blogger BRATCH said...

    Of the three, I would pick Ireland. Granted I'll not be making a trip like that since I not going to fly.

    However, the reason I pick Ireland is because it is the one place that will possibly have the least amount of tourists. See, my goal when it comes to vacations (of which I've taken few) is to go where the people aren't.

    I live in the country and am used to not having to deal with large crowds that often, so why go where tons of inconsiderate morons are going to vacation so hard that they have to take a day off to recover from?

    I do hear that Hawaii is unbelievable and I think that trip would be option 1B. Jamaica is probably fine as several of our friends all took trips there to Sandals. The trip is nice because security is tight inside the resort areas. Outside of the resort areas they send security guards with you just to go across the street to buy a trinket.

    Although, weddings suck so Jamaica should be out.

     
  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    LMAO! Outside of the U.S. I have been to Mexico and the Bahamas. I would go to Jamaica, and just lay on the beach, not venturing off the gounds. So that would be a totally relaxing vay-cay. But the wedding factor is a MAJOR deterant, as is the 'well if you come, you have to completely fend for yourself' mentality of which the bride & groom seem to be exhuding.

    I think Ireland is the destination. I just feel that 'I need to go there' for some reason.

    The two of you can tag along in spirit with me when I do get the hell out of dodge.

     
  • At 11:45 AM , Blogger claire said...

    roro - There's nothing like Europe and you have to get there some day. You've already been to the Bahamas, so i don't think Jamaica is going to be much different. I mean, i don't know, but i'll find out in November.
    Just keep in mind, trips like Ireland are really more like working-vacations since you really don't get the time to sit around and relax when there is so much to see. I couldn't live with myself if i putzed around in my hotel room for very long because who knows when you'll get to go there again. you know? also - i found that i lost weight on my european vacations from all of the walking. :)

     
  • At 12:05 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Thank you momma-bear!
    When I had posted the entry and was trying to figure it all out I think I knew what my decission is. I've also just did some quick cash calculations, and if I start socking away $$ per paycheck my pocket $$ for the trip would be a kitty by May and even better in September.
    If I went to a tropical place, it would be a beach-bum trip.
    So Guys & Doll...I have decided. Not that it was a drastic decission....but my mind is made up! Orelinde (which is elvish for Rose, for those who were outta the loop) will be going to:
    IRELAND

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home