Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Office Faux Pas

So I think today totally defined my whole career here at the hell-hole. But ya know what...I needed it (I think all parties involved needed it.) Because with the way things have been going, sometimes you lose site of the big picture, and yourslef as a human. And more importantly...if you don't laugh you'll cry. Which this place has been making me do...A LOT as of late. SO the laugh today was well appreciated.
A friend of mine who owrks at a diffent building e-mailed me along with some other of 'the girls' a joke e-mail titled 'Don't Use This Car Wash'. From viewing the photo included...you get the jist. And feeling it was my womanly duty...I passed it along to some people that I thought would appreciate it as much as I had.

Well...the ding bat who sits in the next cube over decides to print out the e-mail...on the SHARED office printer. And anyone who uses Office Outlook (and has a brain) realizes that your name appears on an e-mail whenever you print it. Ok, you're thinking what's the problem with her printing this....right?

Well, my boss 'The Chief' (not to get confused with 'Big Bad') pulls the nudie e-mail off the printer and starts making comments on it. Such as 'Oh this is great. This is a great print out'. Not that my boss likes the men, but because he found the print out. He comes to my cube, hangs it over the wall, and I finally look up from my screen and almost fall out of the chair. This is a man who I respect and like. So I exclaim "_____(insert ding bat's name) what the heck did you print?" And faster than Mel Gibson can announce his dislike of the Jewish faith, ding bat points at me and exclaims just as loud as I had: "Well Rose sent it to me! I didn't print anything!"

So mortified I point out your name appears any time you print stuff. meanwhile she is burgandy colored from embarrassment...I'm as red as my nail polish too. 'The Chief' is cracking up over our embarrassment and ribbed us for some time. There was no harm and no foul, and he enjoyed the laugh as much as we had. But I'm just thankful he was the one who found it. Because if it had been 'Big Bad' it would not have been found as funny. Either way, Ding Bat will be way more careful in the future with what she prints out here. And my lesson learned from this? Be careful what I send her...and absolutly don't get roped in to committing any crime (joke there people I am law abiding) because she'd give me up in a heartbeat.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    So how did those tires feel as you were thrown under the bus?

     
  • At 9:17 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Guess it was proven that I am not as tough or as big a wise-ass as I like to portray myself as being.

    But her actions only solidified my opinion that she is in it for herself. She will throw anyone to the wolves if it means saving her own skin.

    But we know the saying: 'keep your friends close and your enamies closer'.

    HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I have been good, will be better when I get out of here today and don't have to come back until Monday.

     
  • At 2:14 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Lucky you! Any special plans for out of office time?

     
  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I have a crapload of stuff on my DVR from classic movies to new TV shows. I hope to knock some of that off this weekend. Other than that I am not sure what I will be doing. I may have to do some bush hogging, but maybe I can skip out on that for another week.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home