Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Blog-Worthy News:

Ok, there have not been many updates here in some time. But between crazy sinuses issues, being dog-gone tired, and just feeling nothing important to share have not posted. So sorry…but that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Anyway, still nothing MAJOR going on here, other that the weather is totally fall-like, and I have a feeling summer has left New York. I beg to be wrong on this one, but we’ve had a major drop in temperature, high pollen and rag weed counts, and more rain than I care to look at. I guess my idea to move to Seattle has been nixed.

First off: I bought tickets this morning to see SuperNova on January 31! Tickets were moderately priced, and rather good. I could have gotten better tickets through Ticketmaster last week, but was concerned about paying bills. Anyway, Ida and I will be in the second orchestra, row ‘N’. Stage left (which is Gilby’s side of the stage. So I am psyched about that. Now my mission is to obtain tickets to see The Panic Channel. As for the Fall TV line-up, I am already hooked on a NEW tv show on Fox network (which kind of had me concerned.) Anyway, it airs on Wednesday nights, at 9pm-show title: JUSTICE, and just blew my mind. http://www.fox.com/justice/
Victor Garber, Kerr Smith, Eamonn Walker, and Rebecca Mader all play attorneys who handle high profile cases. Check it out!

Speaking of tv, that brings me to the RockStar: SuperNova portion of the entry. I have NO idea what I am going to do when this season finishes. I was impressed with a lot of the contestants, and even the ones I did not care for, talent-wise, made the show interesting. I enjoyed the banter from the judge panel too. I had thought that the show Tuesday night was killer, and the best of the season. I wasn’t sure who I wanted to see go, although I suspected it would have been Ryan, Storm, or due to her past antics, Dilana. I was not shocked with Ryan being voted off last night, and knew that between the three in elimination, it would be either him or Storm. Jason made it known that he felt Ryan lost something when he played piano on several occasions. And it seems none of the guys are big fans of using props…which Ryan used. I feel Storm will be the next to go, due to Gilby’s remarks last night. But who knows, the show isn’t over yet. I had enjoyed Toby’s performances this week, until he started sulking when he was listed in the bottom 5. And speaking of RockStar: SuperNova, voting, etc…I feel compelled to clip, copy and paste some of Dave Navarro’s entries on his own web site: www.6767.com This is a site I enjoy, and I have to agree with things he says. The comments below, I have reduced, so if you want to read the full content, see the site :-) :o) :-)

Dave Navarro snippets: Performances Tonight! August 29, 2006 at 05:38 PM
Damn there are some funny rumors around regarding the show. First of all, I don't know who Janet Charlton is, but I do know who she isn't. She aint no Perez Hilton, that's for sure. At least with Perez, you get humor and the rumors are at least based in SOME fact. Don't forget that no matter what happens, the band can throw out whoever they want for whatever reason they want. They can also save whoever they want. These guys are busy writing and rehearsing, not to mention that Tommy is still doing Crue stuff on our days off. They don't have time to come up with a "master plan".

August 30, 2006 at 11:38 AM Our Position Has Been Compromised
All I can say is, I stand behind everything I said. Dilana was awesome! So was Lukas and Ryan. My choice for the bottom three... Toby, Storm and Magni. There. I said it. Unapologetic. You got a problem with voting? Take it there. Write to them. I host this, pay for it and update it myself. As I said before... I don't know what the problem is. I'll know tomorrow and maybe I'll have an update about it. Also, I am so tired of all the conspiracy talk, that I am just going to say... Yes. It's all a conspiracy. All your worst fears are true. We are trying to control you and the world at large. It's all a ploy to learn how to manipulate votes. Phase one: Florida re-count. Phase two: Rockstar: Supernova. And the final phase... The 2008 Presidential Elections. Mark Burnett, Tommy Lee and I have started a secret covert black ops campaign to rig 2008 and putting our choice of who wins Rockstar is all a part of our master plan.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM , Blogger BRATCH said...

    I'm so glad Ryan is gone. I really don't like Dilana or Lukas, but he was the worst. I'm hoping that even if Dilana's crazy arrogant attitude and drama hasn't soured the public that Supernova is over her.

    She doesn't even have the job and isn't even a superstar and she's got issues. You can call it rock n' roll, but I wouldn't want to deal with it and I hope Supernova is the same way.

    I still believe that Magni is the best fit. He plays a decent guitar and he can sing. He brings more to the table than anyone else that has been on the show. Toby seems to work well with the band too.

     
  • At 12:09 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I wasn't a big fan of Ryan's either. But I was impressed with how fast he acted when he heard Magni was hurt, and his wanting to help him.

    Up until Dilana's freak-out, I was really pulling for her. I like her style, her chops, and how well she seemed to fit with the band. Being someone who leaps before she looks, I can over-look her episode. But I can't help but wonder if we did see her true colors, and this type of attitude and behaviour will be repeated. I think Gilby is pondering that as well, because last night he didn't look as gung-ho about her.

    Magni is amazing too. I just don't know how well he would handle being away from his family. But to rebuke that comment, he'd have Tommy and Gilby who can help him with that too.

     
  • At 4:35 PM , Blogger claire said...

    oh, i loved Ryan. i thought he was dreamy. :)

     
  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Ok Claire...I am going to ignore the fact that you wrote the words Ryan and dreamy in the same blurb.

    I am kinda sorry I bought the tickets to see them, because I have a feeling Toby is going to be picked as the fornt man for this band.

    Not that I'm hating on Toby...but I kinda have my favorites.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home