Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Monday, August 14, 2006

GUESS WHAT I HAVE!!!!!!

I am so psyched! Yesterday I bought myself Sony PlayStation 2. Granted PlayStation 3 is on the verge of being released. But I am behind the times. I admit this. Growing up, I never had Atari or Commodore 64. I didn’t get Genesis until I was home sick with the chicken pox….mind you I was 18. (Stuck home with the chicken pox, flu, and bronchitis all at once) and missing a month of school. Uncle Frank overruled mom’s ‘no video game’ rule and the whole family was hooked.

For years I have wanted Sony PS2, but was always finding other and ‘better’ things to spend my cash on. However Wal-Mart (yes I know how evil the chain is) had Sony PS2 on sale for $129. and I just couldn’t refuse. Sony yesterday I bought it, along with the POTC game and can’t wait to bust out of the office to go home and play again.
I am itching to get my hands on the X-Men game and also LOTR games. If anyone else knows of any other good PS2 games, please give me a shout out.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Guitar Hero is the bomb. I have not stopped playing it. It is a tad more expensive than your usual game, but worth it. See if you can rent it and try it out. I bet you will run right out and buy one.

    By the by, thanks for catching up with the 21st century, Ellie May.

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger BRATCH said...

    Now you are in my territory. LOTR: Return of the King is a great game. Full of killin' and blunt force trauma. Somehow I think you are probably thinking more on the strategy games though. I thought that The Two Towers could not be improved upon, but I was seriously wrong. Both are really good, but Return of the King is better. Good stress reliever to kill orcs with a broad sword.

    Pick up GTA: Vice City for historical reasons. It's always fun and as fun as the game is, it's nothing without the music. It's the game that ruined the world's youth. LOL

    Also, pick up Guitar Hero or at least Guitar Hero II when it comes out in November. It is ridiculously addictive especially if you like music.

    I'm not sure what kind of games you think you would be into, but who knows? Tell us how Pirates of the Caribbean is.

    A pretty solid rule of thumb is check out the PS2 "Greatest Hits" games. They are all usually $19.99 and are pretty great games.

     
  • At 9:52 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Piccu: Now, is there any need for sarcasem??? :-) :-)
    Just because I am a little lax in modern technology, I was damn proud to have been able to hook up both my DVR box and PS2 by myself. That says a lot! Now all I need to do is swap out my Motorola V220 for a Razar and I am all set.

    Thanks for the suggestion on Guitar Hero...the way you guys play, I will have to check it out.

     
  • At 9:57 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Bratch: Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess we are on the same wave length, game wise. :-)
    I will have to go to Best Buy tonight, and will check out the 'Greatest Hits' as well as both LOTR: ROTK, and TTT. My two cousins have PS2, so will have to see if they have either to try out. Do I need to build up my Orc slashing skills prior to playing ROTK?

    I don't know if GTA is something I can really sink my teeth in to, but I have played it before.

    POTC isn't too shabby. Thought it would have been slightly better but there is lots of slashing to be had. The thing I do not like is in the set-up they don't give you the option of being wich character you like. HOWEVER in the midst of the game it does allow you to role switch which is cool. I played for an hour last night after work, and got pretty far.

     
  • At 8:31 PM , Blogger BRATCH said...

    I don't know if you are into it, but Gun is a really cool game too. It's kind of short, but I might have played it too much when I got it. It's old west outlaws and straight up killin'. Again, a good stress reliever, but there is a decent story and the bad guys gruesomely kill your woman.

    Nothing is more fun than blowin' some gringo out of his boots with a pair of six shooters. Or shooting someone off their horse with a shotgun.

    However, it's pretty much GTA on a horse.

     
  • At 10:32 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Aside from the bad guys 'killing my woman' as I dig guys *smiles*, this is right up my ally.

    I will so check it out. Was in Target yesterday and saw some of the Best Of games, and other games for $19.99 but nothing tweeked my interest. I will keep looking, rent a few and play.

    Thanks for all your help.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home