Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend Mélange

The baby has arrived!

We have a new (REAL) addition in our family. My cousin Jack and his wife are parents once again as of 8:18 this morning. They have been blessed with a little bugger of a boy named Michael Joseph. I know they named him Michael (after Jack’s dad) and Joseph (I am all but positive is for his wife’s father.) Everyone is doing well, and this is so exciting. We don’t have any little boys in our family…and now Jack has both a little girl and a son. My best wishes go out to them all. Still need all the warm wishes and prayers for my cousin Frank and his wife who are expecting another wee one in February.

Wacky Orelinde:

Saturday I had attended my cousin’s annual block party. The weather was hot, yet there was a nice breeze and it was not humid. Anywho…my cousin’s son had his entire friend’s over, and they decided to play beer pong, and they jerry-rigged a slip-n-slide. So guess who acted like a wacky kid? And really enjoyed herself??? Orelinde! Granted by the end of the night I was comparing slip-n-slide injuries with a bunch of 19 year olds…but it was the most fun I’ve had in weeks. I also found out from my cousin’s 15 ½ year old that they have a body piercing jewelry for those whose bodies reject the metal. So once again I will be getting my belly pierced. I can’t wait for this one…and hope not to have any problems this time round. My one friend thinks I am really wacky with that decision.

Pooka & Cro`i-kittens extraordinaire:

My poor mc-kittens! They are down to one gold fish left. Snack. For a day I was wondering if I was the gold fish killer. You see: the night before Captain Jack Sparrow bought the farm, I plunked an ice cube in the bowl to cool down the water as it was so hot. Next morning he was a goner, and there was no foul play. Then this past Saturday when I woke up, fed the fish as they seemed hungry. Well about 15 minutes later Cro`i tracks me down in the bathroom, as I brushed my teeth giving a pitiful little meow. When I went back down, found Lunch belly-up in the bowl. I was horror stricken as I realized the two times I interacted with the cats’ pets one of them died. Mom predicted that Snack would be the remaining fish. And she was right, because when we got home from the block party, Will Turner was dead as a door nail. So now all Pooka and Cro`i have is Snack…and I watch with trepidation as I am afraid he will croak and leave them petless.

On another note though, last night mom, Ida and I were watching Scarface, and the room was dark. All of a sudden I heard this odd noise *fffttt-ffffttt-ffffttt* and a HUGE beetle went flying over my head and landed on the floor. All of a sudden, Pooka flies (FLIES) over the couch, out of no where, and Cro`i goes tearing around the couch and the two of them corner this massive insect that had just traumatized me. After batting it with their paws, my mother gave the final, killing blow and disposed of the carcass. But my kittens (who will be 3 on September 5th) are wonderful! Stupendous! Magnificent!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Wow, it seems like you had a big weekend. A weekend of births and death, a weekend of beetle attacks and beer pong, sounds exciting.

    I saw Ricky Bobby this weekend and it is as good as Ron Burgundy. Then my idiot friends and I played fake video game guitar Saturday and Sunday night until 1 in the morning.

    It sounds like this block party went a little better than yours. Well, beer and a slip 'n' slide will do that.

    As for the fish, I have no idea what is up with that. I had fish when I was a little dude although I do have a lake with plenty of fish.

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I will most deffently have to check out Ricky Bobby over this coming weekend. It looks like something you can just crack up over. Glad you enjoyed it.

    Yes, when it comes to bugs, I am a TOTAL girl! I scream and freeze or duck.

    The block party on Saturday was more fun than mine. I told my mother that if we partake int he one for our block next year, we need to play beer pong. The one I was at yesterday has a lot of activities and bonding. We like going.

    I'm sure the cats will get over it if Snack goes to the great blue sea in the sky.

    How far do you get on your video game? What made you stop at 1am? I was certain you'd all play in to the dawn.

     
  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    We stopped because my brother made us stop Sat. and we had to be up at 6 on Sun. and we stopped Sun. because we were at my friend's house and he had to get up a 4:45 in the morning.

    I have played all the songs on the level medium, but Ozzy's Bark at the Moon has now become the bane of my existence. I have completed 97% of it twice before I gave up last night. I plan on whipping it this week.

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I have no doubt that you'll be kicking video game butt, and that you'll be 'owning' Bark at the Moon.

    Sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend too. :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home