Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Too tired to come up with anything else

So the weekend is upon us, and as usual, I have a ton of plans up in the air, and no energy to be excited for them. It seems that the world is getting all wonky too with news and stuff. So I figured I would just lump together a compilation post as I am stuck in the office today until 5pm (it’s my turn this week.)

Anderson, Kid Rock to Wed Numerous TimesJul 27, 12:29 AM EST
The Associated Press
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=228831&GT1=7703
Now, does it really make an impact on your life or mine, the number of times Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock get married? Does their exchanging vows multiple times, and in different locations mean that they are more in love with one another and more unified as a couple, than any other duo on the face of the earth? I am going to have to stand firm in my opinion of ‘Erm NO!’ And for someone who has Hepatitis C, I am pretty sure drinking copious amounts of ANY kind of liquor would be considered a GINORMOUS NO-NO by any doctor.

Whatever happened to people being honest???
Back on July 15th, mom and I went to an Irish Festival a few towns away from us. There was live entertainment, a huge variety of food, and vendors upon vendors. This one vendor had really funky jewelry crafted from diacritic glass. Long story short, I bought a b-day gift for Ida and purchased an unfinished necklace which the man promised to have done and shipped to me by July 21st. Ida’s gift I had in hand, so that was no big deal. The total purchase was $32.21, no crazy amount, but still a nice chunk of change. As of today (July 28th), still no necklace and have placed 2 phone calls and an e-mail. NOTHING…I just want to know where my damn necklace is…because I think I know where the damn necklace is. UNMADE and NOT on its way. Yesterday Ida blocks our phone number, and calls the guy AGAIN. This time his wife answers and admits to Ida, that the guy (who is her husband) is in the midst of starting a new business, and is NOT working on any new pieces of jewelry. So now what??? I contacted my bank and told them that this was a disputed charge and to reverse the amount. Now this morning I get an e-mail from the jewelry vendor stating he is working on the necklace. SO WTF? Do I trust him? Did he decide to get wrapped up in this new venture and put my job on the back burner? Or is he just trying to hang on to my $$$ and not produce what he promised?


Harry Potter naked on stage
By KATIE FRETLAND, Associated Press Writer Fri Jul 28, 11:42 AM ET

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060728/ap_en_ot/people_daniel_radcliffe
I feel sick after reading this! SICK I TELL YOU!!! I can understand an actor not wanting to be type cast, and I can understand Daniel Radcliff wanting to break away from the ‘poor and pure Harry Potter’ image that drives the young girls wild. But the thought of seeing him NAKED on stage kind of makes me want to squench my eyes closed in horror, not to mention what his character does to the poor horses in the play. It took my mother a long time to convince me to see the Harry Potter movie, which turned me on to reading the series (she had long been a fan of H.P.) And now, in all honesty, I am not quite sure I want to follow the tales of Harry Potter, regardless of the fact that Harry Potter is fictional, and Daniel Radcliff is a real person.

I think I may pick up the pen
All my life I had enjoyed writing. Whether it is about family members and pets. Or poetry which several pieces had been published or just fictional stuff. As far as I can remember I have enjoyed writing. This summer I have been on a reading binge, just finishing a goofy, yet fun-to-read vampire series by Mary Janice Davidson. Was it thought provoking or made me want to run out and save the world? No, but the last book I read in 24 hours, and I could somewhat relate to the main character. With that all being said, Ida asked me whatever happened to my writing because she used to enjoy when I read to her my entries in a vampire RPG from years ago. And this has made me think. Perhaps I should try to write. It will be fun….and if I ever get the nerve, once done maybe should even shop it around. Hey if Shondra Rhimes can create Grey’s Anatomy because she loved medical shows, why can’t I write a vampire story?

4 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    You have a lot to choose from. As far as seeing Harry's potter, I have no need, although in about 5 years, I might not mind seeing Hermione in just a wizard hat and a wand.

    I had no idea I was dealing with a published writer. You should write, if you are able. I have a ton of stuff I have started but just given up on, including a vampire story.

    It involves the vampires of today and how they aren't "pure" vampires. Just like if an Italian and an Irish woman get married, the child is not fully Itlaian or Irish. So a vampire today may only be 1/16th vampire. And every 5 years, he would gain power/curse due to his vampire heritage. Like at age 15 he would develop a taste for blood that he could indulge by eating rare beef.

    It souded good at the time, but I quit on it after a few pages of setup. I can think the ideas up, but the middle stuff does me in.

     
  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I think you should continue plucking at your vampire story. It sounds interesting, and I like how the 'symptoms' develop over their lifespan. It also kind of reminds me of Blade.

    I have no desire to see any naked Harry Potter people. Not now...nor ever. I used to think the kid who played Ron was cute, but he's in the gawky stage now. I do think the girl who plays Hermione will be a lovely young woman. Are you a big H.P. fan?

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Not really, I saw the first one and enjoyed it, but it's not something I can't wait for. My cousin has read all the books and seen the movies and she loves it. And my nephew loves reading the books although he is probably a little young for them. He is going into the third grade, I believe, this year.

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Oh wow! Your nephew is young to be reading the series...but good for him to be such an avid reader! Not enough kids are so in to reading these days.

    Yep, mom started reading the books before I had, and I couldn't believe how in tot hem she had gotten. (Books 1-4) were on the market when she had turned 60, so for her b-day I had bought her them in hard cover. That was when the first movie had just come out too, so she asked for Ida and I to give it a chance and see it with her. And that's what got me hooked.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home