Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, July 14, 2006

A thought to ponder

What would you do if you hadn’t spoken to someone in 12 years and just wanted to reach out to them? This wasn’t an ordinary falling out or spat. This isn’t an ‘ooopps I lost your number and now I found it so decided to give you a call’ type of situation.

What if the reason you haven’t spoken to this person in such a long time is because they have greatly wounded you? A hurt so deep, that it pretty much shaped your life, jaded the way you looked at a certain situation. Perhaps this person walked away from you twice; making it clear that you were not wanted or needed in their life?

But you always wonder about them. Because there are ties to this person no matter how badly you want to ignore or deny it. And now you found out this said person has done something…something that that is BIG. Something like working on a tribute to the 9/11 hero’s and victims. And you’re proud of them for this. Because this person is a talented artist, and the tribute they worked on was a big deal, and you were proud of them. So proud, that you’re contemplating reaching out to them once again to just tell them how proud you are of them. Even if it means you’ll once again be hurt, cut to shreds by them.

Would you reach out? Or would you ignore what you found out?

3 Comments:

  • At 2:43 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I wouldn't ignore what I found out, but I wouldn't set myself up to be burned for a third time.

    Just because someone does some good work doesn't erase what they have done to hurt you in the past. One time burned is different, but if it has happened more than once, it's not worth it.

     
  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Thank you for your advise. In fact you are now the 3rd person who had advised NOT to contact him. And I had pretty much came to that decission last night on my own.

    See, it's a whole long, complicated story. But to sum it up: my (Biological) father walked out on my mother when she was preggers w/ me. The came back in to our lives when I was 3 years old (so although he lives 30 minutes from me, I'd see him MAYBE 5 times a year.) He had a whole other life. By the time I was 15, he was bored living 2 lives, and by the time I was 18, denied being my father at all.

    I had even had a dna test ran to prove he was my father. And I haven't spoken to him since due to horrid things he had said to me, and the havoc he wrecked in my life.

    I had been curious if he was still alive, and when I Googled his name, found out about the project he had worked on which spurred this whole blog entry.

    But I've made up my mind. I know he's still alive, and you & the crew have gently reminded me that it is not in my best interest to contact him and get hurt once again.

    THANKS PICCU....thank you for only reconfirming what I though. :-)

     
  • At 8:22 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    No problem. As far a I can tell, this is all on him and he should be the one coming to you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home