Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Yo-ho-ho and a Pirate hit!!!

As I have professed, I am a movie geek. Love them ever since I was a little kid. I am not so sure if it was watching E.T. countless times in the theater (not because I love the alien that much…but because family members all insisted on taking me at various times.) Or if it was watching a movie at the drive-in, or even if Indiana Jones had just had my little heart thumping for action and the enchantment that the silver screen brought to me. Whatever the reasoning….I am a movie geek…any genre…any time. If it talks to me, then I must see the movie. Anyway, Pirates of the Caribbean is no exception to the rule….and all year I have awaited Dead Man’s Chest. Normally I would have gone to see a movie of this magnitude on opening night…but alas I have a block party this weekend and invited pals, buddies, and co-workers so I have much to do in order to get ready for the party on July 8th. So what did this mean??? Would I miss the opening night and have to wait until next week to see the POTC: Dead Man’s Chest??? HELL NO!!! Aunt Ida and I braved the midnight showing last night at the local theater.
I could rave and rave about how fantabulous the movie was. How funny, how action packed, how great the special effects were. And all that would be true. The costumes were beautifully done, and extremely authentic….the ‘bad guys’ were extremely repulsive (more so than in the 1st installment, in my opinion). Bill Nighy is unrecognizable as Davey Jones, unless you pick up on his infamous eye squint…and the way his tentacles which would be his beard flow/wave the computer graphics and cgi’s are just awesomely done. The fighting was beautifully choreographed, and there is one scene where Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) is fighting Mr. Norrington (Jack Davenport) on this HUGE water wheel. It was equally comical as well as riveting (remember the fight between Will & Jack in the smithy in POTC???) Like I was telling my cousin and friend this morning via e-mails: the movie has a story….a storyline that is creative, well thought out, and elaborates. Due to the storyline being as detailed and thought out, I am unsure if as many people who awaited the follow-up will appreciate (as I did) this fact or be disappointed that it wasn’t just sword fight after sword fight. And there is a surprise at the end. I mean, the way it ended…I was a tad shocked in that itself. But at the end, end…there is a SURPRISE. I am not going to give it away and ruin it for people…because I am actually intrigued by this surprise. And in the same fashion of LOTR…the way they concluded POTC: Dead Man’s Chest, such as it doesn’t really end…the 3rd installment will pick up like no time has lapsed.
I am just as psyched for the next chapter and know that it will not be a let down. I mean c’mon….Keith Richard’s is going to play Jack’s dad! Now that tells us things will be very interesting!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I wish you hadn't a done that. Now I am even more excited to see it and I dont want to get my hopes up. It sounds like it is a good time and I hope to see it this weekend, but may have to wait until next week to check it.

     
  • At 3:35 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I'm sorry. First I inindated you with way too much info on Davey Jones. Now I psyched you up.

    Maybe I lied. Yeah..yeah..that's it. I lied. It (the movie) was a snore-fest.

    I must have been totally wacked from lack of sleep from watching that wretched, wretched pirate movie. Oh the horror....toss me in Davey Jones's locker for this.

    :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home