Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Faint-hearted need not read

Faint-hearted need not read

I don’t know how true this is and was trying to Google the subject. But unfortunately I was not able to come up with much, other than a recipe. And trust me…I DO NOT want the recipe.

Over the weekend, I was at a pig roast, and a (younger) girl was getting sick watching the pig get cooked on the spit. When my mother questioned the girl if she was a veggie, the girl proclaimed she only likes her meat packaged; Fair enough….I can understand that.

She (the young girl) told my mother, that the guy, who was in charge of making sure Wilbur (the pig) was cooked, so we didn’t get ptomaine poisoning, was once in Korea (as he was in the Marines). And when the guy was over in Korea….he chowed down on dog soup. Dog soup! As in bow-wow, come Fido, sit at the master’s feet. And then when he had visited her house, after getting home from Korea, her dog (who used to like him) went nuts, growling at the guy, and cowering. The reason is, she told my mother, that when someone eats dog…the odor of the dog is exuded from the person’s pores, and another (living) dog will smell that the person had eaten dog….and not like said person.

So I was wondering if anyone knows if this is true. That should a human eat dog (as in dog soup)…another dog will smell it off them. I attempted to Google this, and came up with no info. So I was curious as to whether or not the guy (who is a friend of mine) was pulling the young girl’s leg with this story or not. And if someone really wants me to post the recipe for dog soup…..I can. Just, I would hope those of you who read my blog would NEVER want the recipe for dog soup.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:02 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I would never eat a dog, but around these parts, I am sure someone has eaten possum. I myself have eaten rabbit, quail, dove, raccoon, and squirell. I know none of those are dogs, but they would be considered gross by some standards.

    As for the whole dog scent coming through a person's pores? That sounds like something straight out of Supernatural. A demon dog or something. I say it's ludicrous.

     
  • At 10:51 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I have eatten venison, quail, gator, buffalo, boar,and ostrich. (Ok, so the last two were at a Brizilian resteraunt)but I know some people wouldn't even think of putting them in their mouth's.

    I personally wouldn't attempt dove, raccoon, or squirell but will not thumb my nose at it either.

    However this dog thing has me stumped and grossed out. I don't think the dog scent permeates you indeffently...but would have loved to get a straight answer.

     
  • At 12:38 PM , Blogger BRATCH said...

    Having gotten back from Korea, there could have been any number of smells that could have caused that. Or dogs can sense evil.

    Buffalo isn't that great to me. I can't even remember the last time I had rabbit, but trust us, quail is awesome. Wrap it in bacon with a slice of jalapeno pepper in the middle and throw it on the grill.

    Squirrel is a bit tough though.

     
  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I think I ate quail once, at my uncle's house. I remember there was still the buckshot in it and we were spitting it out.

    I will try it on the grill, thanks for the heads up.

    Buffalo, I will do as in a buffalo burger...but agree. No substitution for a BEEF burger.

    Thanks for the 4-1-1 about the dog stuff and the squirrle. I think my friend was just busting the girl's chops.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home