Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

'Morning People' versus 'Night People'

I am not a morning person. I am not out-right nasty. I do not require avoidance of human contact until I have caffine in my system. However I AM not a morning person. And I do need a cup of coffee to give me a boost. (Tea is my beverage of choice if I am cold or not feeling well.)
I do not bound from my bed, and look forward to embracing the day. Nor do I all but skip in to my office, greeting each co-worker individually by name, and feel the need to say 'hi' to them 3 times before I sit my ass in my chair to tackle the work load.

So I am offically going on the record to say it puts me in a pissy mood to have to be assaulted with my mother's nonstop chatter in the morning as I attempt to get out of the house. And it isn't like she is telling me anything of drastic importance. She just is talking to hear the sound of her own voice....as she does that at night too. And it isn't that I want utter silance or avoidance when I manuver in my house. That would just be silly. I just don't need to feel like you are jumping on me and not giving me time to come to grasp with the fact I have to plow through yet another mundane day.

I am no longer a night person either. Once upon a time, I could stay up all hours of the night, and greet the following morning with no problem. I had more energy in the evenings, enjoyed evening programs on the tube, and just did not want to go to sleep. I do not gain energy as my day progresses, and I am in bed, at a decent hour (anywhere from 11:00-12:00). If I am on the computer i.m.'ing with a friend in Arizona, usually am on the computer until 1am and not being very coherent at that point. If I am out, on vacation, or for the evening...I can go for hours. Not looking forward to getting home to bed....so it isn't that I am an old fuddy-duddy.

But why is there such a vast difference between those people who are 'morning people' and those who are 'night people'? And why can't these two 'teams' of people comprehend the other groups moods and needs? And what are those people who belong to neither grouping fit in?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I am not a morning person either. Whenever I have a day off, the night before, I just may stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning and sleep til noon. I still enjoy doing that, it's how I clear out my DVR. I find that if I can make it until midnight, I am good to go until 4, 5 or 6 in the morning.

    I do not like to converse with anyone when I wake up between the hours of 7 and 9. If I sleep unitl after 9 I am ready to tackle anything.

     
  • At 3:16 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    If I know I do not have to be in work the following day, enjoy staying up as late as possible. Now that I just joined the 21st century and got a dvr box...will probably wind up following your habit of doing that.

    However on the weekends, I am usually up between 7-9am just because of my internal clock not knowing it is the weekend. If that's the case...then I have now begun the joys of napping (if I am even home.)

    My normal work hours are M-F 8:30-5:00...but I usually work until 6:30pm. During the summer 'hell', I mean work offers us summer hours...so we work 8:00-5:30 M-F, then 8:00-12:15 on Friday. Getting out on Friday's early totally rocks. But I still wish I started the day later.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home