Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bad mood

*Scowling* I am in a foul mood. Let me repeat. Foul. Mood. Me. Don't talk with me. Because in person, if you talk to me...I will probably be snarky or not very polite bordering on outright NASTY. Then I'll feel guilty and have to apologize to you, only to get annoyed that you did not sense I was in a foul mood.

*Shrugs* Don't ask me why I'm in such a bad mood. Because I do not really know. And by my not understanding what has set me off this morning, only pisses me off even more. Last night I had to quit yoga early because I thought I was going to puke my guts up. But I think I got myself dehydrated. Went home, made myself some broth and ate saltines. Dreamt that Mick Jagger came to my house and gave a private concert, only to have him and me shag inthe car. Why the hell I dreamt this is TOTALLY BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION because I DO NOT find Mick attractive at all. Let me repeat. Mick Jagger. Ugly. To me. As Sin.

*Scowls deeper* So I have no idea what set me off, because although I had such a horrid dream as that. I found it funny. I am going away on Thursday, and won't have to put up with the idjits that I work with. (Most of the people are idjits that I work with, sans a few.) 'Big Bad' is not in today, so that should make the day great.

Some of the factors that I can ONLY think of to have put me in such a foul mood:
  1. The pollen. The friggen pollen that will not stop falling, or drifting or whatever. It is clogging up my nose, filling my sinus, making me sick, Sick, SICK.
  2. The asshole's who feel they must mow their pitiful lawns every day. EVERY DAY! What the hell is that all about? I don't see the grass shooting up over night that warrents another mow the following day.
  3. Traffic. Traffic sucks! It seems that these days the jerkwad's on the road are in a contest to see who can drive SLOWER. And if you feel compelled to drive in the left lane, please be well acquainted with your gas peddel. Otherwise face my wrath.
  4. People who are insanely happy. What the hell drugs are you on to make you this happy? And why aren't you sharing them with me? Because if you come over to me, to share your jubulant state of bliss, get ready to be cut to shreds with my sharp tounge or get acquainted with my fist in your face.

See! I told you I was in a foul mood! Actually, after venting all this, feel slightly better. Maybe. I dunno. It may pass. *Scowls & shrugs*.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Better mood yet? It is almost lunch time, surely a good lunch will lift your spirits.

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    :-) Actually I am. By the end of my rant (which I hope was somewhat amusing) I began to feel better.

    It's this place that I work at. I think that has A LOT to do with it. And unfortunatly, I have been here just shy of a year. So to hop from job to job, on a resume does not look too good. ya know. But in a way, I wouldn't want to leave here either. I just need a way to ignore the b-s.

    And what are your lunch plans my friend???

     
  • At 2:15 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I went to our local grocery store deli and had a bowl of white beans and three mini ripoff White Castle sliders, and a diet Sunkist.

    Actually they ran out of white beans before they filled my bowl so I had them fill the bowl the rest of the way up with black eyed peas. Good lunch, good times.

     
  • At 10:49 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Mmmmmmm, white beans (or as us I-talians call them) Cannalleni beans. Yuuummmmm!

    I can honestly say I have NEVER had a black-eye pea before though. I am not prejudiced against them, just have no idea how to cook them or had the opportunity to eat one.

    What do they taste like?

     
  • At 9:13 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I do not think I can describe the taste of a black eyed pea. I has kind of a dirt taste. I know that sounds bad, but it isn't. It is more like a bean than a pea, actually. They are very good.

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    What do you suggest eatting them (black-eyed pea's) with? Would you use it as a main dish, like in red beans and rice? Or as a side dish? I have been curious to try them, as they DO sell them up in *inflicts southern accent* New York.

    I like to try new stuff...I like to live life teetering on the edge.

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Black eyed peas are good with any kind of pork product, cabbage, maybe cornbread, you know a regular New Year's Day meal. Black eyed peas are a side dish. They may sell them in New York, but they grow them in the OC.

    If this is living on the edge for you, then you need to get out a little.

     
  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Hey now...:-)
    I'm open to new things. If I thought trying new foods was living on the edge, then I'd try escargot. Which, not in a million years will I try.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home