Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Pet owners depicting their pets and bosses humanized cartoon villains


Okay....so it has been ages absolutely ages since I last posted to la blog. Truth be told, weeks ago there was this horrific day at the office and I posted this absolutely wonderful blog that was about a zillion words in text ranting and raving about greedy, hateful liars. In other words, people (some of whom I work with) and others who just roam around our world....sucking all our air. Well when I hit the spell check button, the anti-blogger gremlin erased my post, never to be seen again. I cried, I felt completely defeated as I couldn't remember all of what I wrote or how I phrased it. All I know was that it was the mother of all blogs and that it was gone. Then I just hit a major dry patch with nothing blog-worthy and I geared up for a weekend trip up to Boston. That may, one day (the trip I mean) become a blog entry for another time. I am still pondering that.
Anyway, today's post will be about the big kahuna or someone who wants to come off as big kahona. I have in the past referred to him as 'Big Bad.' And I really don't think he is 'big bad', in the sense that when he had interviewed and hired me, was a gem so kind. When I worked for him, for months he would thank me and my friend for all our hard work. He was the only boss that I WANTED to give a Boss Day gift to, and (silly me) did. A bunch of stuff went down with our company around the holidays, with staffing, and all of us was on pins and needles. But through it all, 'Big Bad' seemed to still be likeable, if not lovable. (Ok, maybe loveable may be taking it a bit far but you catch the drift.) 'Big Bad' is the kind of guy that if you're having an emergancy, he is completely there for you, with you having to do what you need to get through it.

Let me just say....NOT NO MORE HE AIN'T!!! He snoops in peoples cubes, he pouts, he skulks through the office and will shuffle through papers on peoples desks. He seems to totally buy into the conspiracy theory, such as if a MAJOR outside vendor is unhappy with his business dealings with them that they compromise our service they're providing. Compromising to the point where they'll take out a New York burrows service just to spite us. Yeah, I never really believed he'd think like this until I heard him actually saying it.
Yesterday Ia friend of mine asked me to go ask 'Big Bad' a question on their behalf as they'll be going away on vacation. I had to go to 'Big Bad' as he was the one who had set the questionable act in motion. So I did...I asked, with not a second thought. As 'Big Bad' isn't a wack-o and I was helping out a friend. Uh...shhhhaaaaa! 'Big Bad' went nuts because I wasn't supposed to know anything about this situation....as he had told my friend in confidance. And he went as far as saying to me that '_____ is a big oy. He should have come to me direct.' Well yeah, he should have and could have. But he wasn't going to be around and asked me to. Plus I am not going to go squeel about the 'deep dark secret'. I informed this to 'Big Bad'. It made no difference to him. He was in a snit and gave me the cold shoulder the rest of the day.
'Big Bad' likes to play people against people too it now comes out. And if he is angry at you, will ignore you or send messages to you through a zillion e-mails or asking people to relay the message. Case in point: today I recieve yet another one of his stupid emails. "Make sure _____ reads this today.And responds to it." Ummmm, do I stand over my boss, and make sure he reads each and every word of the e-mail? And if he does not read it...do I threaten to staple him to death? Turns out he hasn't spoken to my boss (the nice boss) since Monday.
And this is where my tagline for today's post comes in. I was going to post a NICE photo of Boston for everyone's viewing pleasure. But then I thought of my post that had gotten eaten. The cool one with all the villan pictures I had inserted in to it. And I got the idea to post a Disney Villan here...to pose as 'Big Bad'. And that was when it hit me....the look on Jafar's face above is one that 'Big Bad' gives to us. 'Big Bad' is a villan alright....turns out he also looks like one too.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Glad to see you are back, although too bad it couldn't have been unde happier terms. I hope you were able to enjoy your trip to Boston. I just hope and pray I don't come in contact with a Big Bad in my life. It sounds draining.

     
  • At 11:42 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Glad to be back...it feels good. Actually all is rather well, and I am having an amazing time not dwelling on this stuff.

    How is the hole in the wall doing with you? Still evesdropping on the ladies in the ladies room?

     
  • At 12:46 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Actually the eavesdropping has been put to a stop. The holes have been filled and I am now free from hearing the sounds of urination. That is one fetish I will never adopt.

    I, of course, now have to put up with the sounds of construction which cannot be shut up by sticking my fingers in my ear. Other than that everything is good here. I have a job you would like, I can go days without coming into contact with more than 1 or 2 people. I am stuck in the bowels of the courthouse sharing an office with a guy who is in his office maybe 20 minutes during the time I am here. Life is good.

    And I got to name some roads yesterday.

     
  • At 3:41 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Oh that is soooo cool! Are you allowed to make up the names for the streets? Or is there a pool of names that you're allowed to pick from? I am certain there must be some kind of guidelines to the naming of streets.

    If it was up to me, I'd pick real cool names like: Piccu Place, and Orelinde Way, Cro`i Ct., Dublin Dr....the possibilities are endless.

    Truth be told I LIKE people. I really do. I totally need to stop bitching and complaining in my blog about life otherwise y'all will get the wrong idea about what I'm like.

     
  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I asked the lady who did this before me if there was any certain way to pick the street names and she said she justs gets maps of other cities and use their names. I figured why not try things my way. Whether they will stay that way or not I am not sure. I may find out from on high that the names need to be more streety, like Ghostface Killah Blvd or RZA Ave.

    I would be afraid to use names like mine and yours because some of the people working our 911 systems may not be able to pronounce or spell these names correctly. In fact, someone has spelled the word cemetery as cemetary for all roads with that word in it. I had to teach myself who to spell badly to find it in the database.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home