Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!

Why? Why oh why do I bitch and complain about dinner not being ready when my ass gets home from a grueling day in the office. I'm not married, nor do I have kids. So I can't expect dinner to be prepaired by a spouse or chillen's. But I rent out of my mother's house, to help her and Ida (Ida who is out on disability) keep the house.

Not only do I do the grocery shopping, and various duties, but I cook too. However there are some nights when there is just NO MORE ENERGY when I get home to cook. So that's when I get cranky, when I find Ida and my mother watching tv, and dinner isn't ready.

Anyway Monday night I get home, and my mother has been home lounging on the couch. Ida had put together a salad which was cool. I went up to change, and got stuck on the computer chatting w/ a friend in Arizona. Anyway, by the time my mother decided she 'couldn't wait for me to decide to cook' put Lentil soup on.

Now guys & girls this is Lentil Soup from a can. We're talking Progesso. The type of soup you pop the top of the can, pour in pot and heat until boiling or near boiling. Not too difficult. Huh? So you can only believe my shock and horror to find that when emptying the pot to put in the dish washer, soup was scorched (smashed baked on lentils and all) to the bottom of the pot! WHO THE HELL CAN MANAGE BURNING SOUP???? While standing there in front of the stove no less???
And you can only imagine my further amusement when the next morning she said to Ida that she no longer can eat lentils. She wasn't feeling well from the soup.
So ok. I am cranky. I like to have a hot meal waiting for me from time to time. Am I wrong for that? But should I get pissy, knowing that my mother is such a poor cook that she burns soup? Or should I take pity on her that even her own cooking gets her ill?

9 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Maybe you all could just eat sandwiches. Those are hard to burn, unless you are making grilled cheese or tuna melts.

     
  • At 9:48 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Sandwich's are yummy! I'll opt for egg salad or turkey or even a BLT! But again...for the mother, too much of an effort.

    Maybe I she should just blend her food so she can swallow without chewing.

    Oh God...I'm going to hell for that one. Aren't I?

     
  • At 10:10 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Maybe you could do like mother birds and chew up her food for her and then drop it in to her mouth. Maybe blending it up would be less gross though.

    How about you just keep a house full of energy drinks and she could try the all energy drink diet?

    I am nothing if not a solutions oriented person.

     
  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

    Hmm, I believe a poem in your honour could soon be in the offing if the stars are right and Darwin the Dolphin will let write...

    Kind Regards

     
  • At 4:26 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Oh! Do let's! I have a poem forming in my skull about the stuff I have expierenced today. I am going tohave to work on it and share it with you all.

    But a poem created in my honour???
    I am flattered!

    Have a great one!

     
  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    How do you know the poem is not in my honour? Stuck up!!!!

     
  • At 4:51 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Whu-cuz it's my blog! It's all about me! :-)

    I'm sorry...I was wrong to jump to conclussions.

    Shall I draft a poem in your honour?

     
  • At 4:54 PM , Blogger claire said...

    oh, i see where this started - carry on, then.

    why didn't she just microwave the soup, by the way? Much easier & faster.

     
  • At 6:35 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Silly girl, *shakes head* because you don't microwave soup from the can. You must boil it to kill any bacteria.

    Thus burning the soup! Because then ya know the bacteria is TRULY dead.

    Oh yes precious...truly dead.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home