Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

If I had that kind of money why would I be here?

If I had buku bucks, why the hell would I be working in the bat cave being annoyed to death by certain coworkers? And for that matter if I am not engaging you in conversation, as I am WORKING....why are you talking to me about nonsense (such as ophera Winfrey's views on Tommy Hilfiger)?

My point is: I do not play the stock market. I do not pretend to understand the stock market. I would not take a tip from someone who works with me, about buying stock. Not from this source anyway.

And if I had $5 thousand just laying around...I wouldn't be bitching and complaining about the ballroom dance lessons I want to take costing me $2,500. Or taking care of the house repairs that need to be done instead of taking out a home improvement loan. Or booking my vacation to Ireland. Take your stock tips and keep them.

And for the readers, I have no idea what company it is I was told to invest in. After all, I was working, not trying to socialize.

Work. Now isn't that a funny concept?

6 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Co workers can be a drain. I find that if you throw something at anyone who bothers you with useless information, then they tend to think twice about bothering you. You must of course hit them, you can't just throw something in their general direction or they won't quite get the hint. Good luck with this strategy. I have found it has made me the office "loner."

     
  • At 2:20 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Throwing things? How heavy (or light) do they need to be? I can wing a shoe at the ass next to me.

    The other coworker cries at the drop of a hat if I look cross-eyed at her.

    Thanks for your empathy though.

     
  • At 2:53 PM , Blogger BRATCH said...

    Sounds like you have some energy vampires in your midst. If you aren't familiar with the term, do a google or yahoo search on the subject. It's quite interesting.

    Not a whole lot of information out there, but I know there are a couple of articles of information about how to get away from them. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be as easy as a garlic clove necklace.

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    LMAO...and the reason why is I USED to have a book on psychic vampires.

    Mum always says that if someone is annoying me or is just a negative force in my life to envision them in a gold box.

    I am going to google like you mentioned, and have to find a way to 'escape' these two. Told my boss this morning they are sucking the life out of me. And I was surprised as some headway was made. But for anything major to transpire will have to take time.

    :-) Thanks!

     
  • At 3:13 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    A shoe is a fine object to throw at annoying co workers. The only problem you have is low ammunition. You only have two. Perhaps if you have a mini fridge you can stock it with tomatos and other fruit to throw at co workers.

    If that doesn't do the trick you may have to move to some sort of scrap metal. Perhaps if you see any spare parts lying on the side of the road on the way to work, stop and pick them up and chuck it at them.

    I'm sure if you whiz a piece of scrap metal at someone they will not only quit bothering you, but in fact they may quit their job. Problem solved.

     
  • At 12:43 AM , Blogger BRATCH said...

    All I have to do is figure out how to tell my boss that SHE is sucking the life out of me.

    Not only is she an energy vampire, but she might be that mystical badass vampire that we have to kill in order to stop the rest of them.

    But I think that micro-managing stress will do her in before we have to get to that point. With any luck I'll be gone or on vacation when that meltdown happens.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home