Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

'Big Bad' said for me to WHAT??? What the hell is up with bosses???


Grrrrrrrr! Actually it shouldn't be grrr at all but, more a 'thank you' sir! When I had started my blog I ranted a lot about the two dumb-asses I work with. They are both mental, both drive me insane, and still both need their asses wiped for the most part. But I have come to learn that it's not just them. There are people all over the place who need others to walk them through every step of their daily lives. However this post brings me back to the office. And just think, you guys are lucky! Two entries in one day!
Most office support staff, secreteries, Administrative Assistants, etc. know that yesterday was 'Office Support Staff' day. I have come to not expect much from the people I work with, as some places (in the past) gave nothing, others made you feel guilty that they felt htey had to reward you for the hard work you put forward. And others still gave gifts which is more than nice. So yesterday I came in to the office not mentioning anything.
Any-who my (very nice and personable boss) and yes, I really mean that. He was kind enough to give me a BEAUTIFUL plant as a token of his gratitude. Not only did he thank me with such token, but he did give dipsey-doodle behind me a plant too. (That's another story for another post.) But it was nice, generous, and it made my day. Plus the color of the plant (poppy) suited me to a tee.
So now today, 'Big Bad' who has been giving my department a TON crap as of late in regards to work orders not being closed out. Work still pending from October of 2005. Work requests for simple things such as thermostat adjustments or light bulb changes going unanswered. Meetings being ran by 'Big Bad' that have, (and I shit you not), run for 2 hours minimum, to 4 hours and counting where he just rehashes and rambles on about the same topic week to week. He must have been visited by Jacob Marley early or something. Because today, Claire and I get an e-mail stating he would like to take the two of us (lovely) ladies {ok I added lovely } to lunch tomorrow. But here is where the zinger is. He has left it up to both Claire and I to seek the other two women we work with to cover the phones while the three of us are out lunching. Ok, co-worker (1) is cool, and she had been taken out yesterday for lunch. But co-worker (2) is the dingbat who works with me. The dingbat who snipped my roses down to nubs and pouted because she liked my plant color yesterday better.
So why? Why is it mine and Claire's job to seek coverage? If you're the boss, and have cloute...why can't you ensure coverage? If we're a team, shouldn't you as team captain make sure no teammate feels excluded or hurt. Why put us,k the foot soliders (so to speak) in the awkward posistion of asking, which is actually telling dingbat we need her to cover the phone while Claire and I both take lunch at 12:30.
Bosses! Gah!
And hey, 'Big Bad'....by the way. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Honestly...thank you.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM , Blogger claire said...

    I think that last line makes the whole post.

    Um... thank you.. :)

     
  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Just order pretty much everything on the menu. Make it a lunch he will never forget. That'll learn him a lesson.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home