Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Making plans aka the gall of people and the way they make plans

Ok, in my last post I raged about people posting private e-mails on public spaces. And I still don't agree with doing such. However I will post the body of an e-mail between me and a, I don't know what to call him. 'Friend'? 'Would-be suitor'? 'Friend with benefits'? 'Dumb-ass'? Anyway whatever he is, and I have to take half the blame as I somehow invite these types in to my life, I felt compelled to share this with you all. Because my anger is not directed solely at him. (And maybe I should have posted this in my Single Girl meets the Un-Incredibles.) More or less it is directed at people who can't make plans in a somewhat normal mannor. My apologies in advance if this one offends some of my regular readers.

**Please note my response will be in pink, his in gray. Read from bottom up.**

ya ! me too!!! well have fun. enjoy your weekend. i will be working tomorrow or sunday, (not sure what day i'll feel like working yet)

peace


I am doing dinner and a movie w/ a friend of mine whom I have not seen in a month. The Denzel movie….’Inside Man’ or something like that. Really need to go blow off steam though…

not doing anything really, maybe go out for a couple. and your plans are to what..........?

Hey you…
I have plans for this evening. What are you doing tonight? How are you feeling? I am in and out of meetings all day today, so if ya want hit me back via e-mail.
Ciao.

hey,

been out all week in the field, just got back. so whats going on? doing anything later?

peace


And this is where I will belly-ache. Because when I started socializing with this guy, we both acknowledged how crazy our work schedules are. Plus he has a 'very limited' schedule, which makes me believe there is more to his story than he is willing to share if you know what I mean. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*. But what has not been clearified is...did he expect me to drop plans with my friend for him? (I so did NOT), or was he just inquiring. And if he wanted to get together, then why not just ask? But if he had been wanting to get together with me last Friday, I had told him I needed 24 hours advance notice, because I would have to switch my shift at work to get out earlier. (Again this is due to his being on restricted schedule.) WHATEVER.

But other people who can't leave plans lie make me nuts too. I mean why make plans to meet on such-and-such date and time with so-and-so. But then every day from when you make the plans up until the day of the meeting they feel compelled to make sure things are a-go. And then, that morning STILL call you to confirm. Because no matter how nice and great I think I am...there is no way anyone can be THAT thrilled to get together with me. I am not one for breaking plans last minute...and have I ever left a friend hanging? Abso-fucking-lutely not. So if you and I make plans to get together, don't hound me to death about them. Is that so hard to understand?

4 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger claire said...

    MARRIED!

    I still believe that you and he are not meant to be and that he's yanking your chain.

    And he sounds kind of like a douche.


    :)

     
  • At 3:04 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Maybe he is that thrilled to get together with you. You seem like such a calm and even keeled young lady.

    By the way, that's a joke, so don't fire bomb me. Not sure if we were far enough in our cyber stalking relationship for me to throw a jab at you.

     
  • At 4:59 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Foul!!! I am some-what even keeled. Ok, the key word is some-what. LMAO. And yes, we are far enough along in our cyber-stalking relationship to throw barbs at one another. Who else would I have to keep me levelheaded if it t’was not for you?

     
  • At 7:12 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    You need to come to the South, we very rarely get fired up about anything.

    We are so laid back that the only way for us to experience what a New Yorker must feel like on a day to day basis is to use meth. I guess we have a lot of Yankees fans in the South

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home