Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Care Bear's live? What is the world coming to???

Ok, I am a dweeb...a self admitted dweeb. I still watch Scooby Doo, and one of my guilty pleasure's is watching 'Josie & The Pussycat' movie, mainly because of Alan Cumming. At the holidays, I long to catch The Yogi Bear Christmas, and get annoyed when it seems to be bypassed for a Grandma Got Ran Over By A reigndeer cartoon. I did collect smurfs back in the day....and I currently own a Care Bear.

But today, when I checked my company's theater ticket discount program cringed. I cringed for the reason that I see there is a new LIVE show:
CARE BEARS LIVE: CARING & SHARING FRIENDS
Take this Brand New Magical, Musical Journey to Care-a-lot!
Your children will sing, dance, clap and play while learning the special values
that the Care Bears represent. Along the way, they’ll hear songs like “With a
Smile, Smile, Smile” and “Everyone Loves the Care Bears.” The show tells
the story of Lindsay, a little girl whose best friend has moved away, who
learns to make new friends when she’s magically transported to Care-a-lot!
Tickets are $15-$25, regularly $18-$28. Nassau Coliseum 6/16-6/18, 1255
Hempstead Turnpike, Uniondale, NY, (631) 888-9000. Tickets are $16,
regularly $20. Continental Airlines Arena 6/23-6/25, 50 State Route 120,
East Rutherford, NJ, (201) 507-8900. TO ORDER: Online visit
www.ticketmaster.com or Call # above & use code PLUM.* Or bring this
Guide to appropriate venue. Limit 8 tix/ord. $3 facility fee incl. in Nassau tix.


Now why? Why subject yourself to a show like this? Why subject your children to a show like this? Because either a kid who sees this is going to (A) be afraid of the GIANT Care Bear's that are acting like sugar-crazed 'people or care bears', (B) is going to WANT to live in Care-A-Lot and not understand why it isn't a real place, or (C) hate on any children picked out of the audience for participation if it isn't them. And if the whole purpose of a show like this is to TEACH A CHILD how to cope and work through the relocation of a friend....isn't that the parent's job ???

My point is, before people go out and reproduce, they should really understand what being a parent is and what their duites are to their offspring. And although I would still go and see a Disney On Ice show, if I thought it cool enough...am so NOT lining up for a Care Bear Live action show. Because I am not that much of a dweeb!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I am glad to hear you aren't as big a dweeb as you protrayed yourself. I must say that I loves me some Scooby-Doo. It is probably my favorite cartoon ever, right up there with Tom and Jerry.

    I have, however, never seen a Yogi Bear Christmas. I always look forward to Charlie Brown, Christmas Vacation, and oddly enough, Friday After Next during the holidays.

    I am still not sure about your Disney on Ice.

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Scooby Doo is the shiznit, as is Tom and Jerry!!! I used to love ALL the Hannah Barbera cartoons. Remember The Herculoids?They totally rocked!

    Yogi Bear Christmas was great as it had Huckleberry Hound,Augie Doggie & Doggy Daddy, Snaggletooth, Muttly...it was just classic. Other holiday shows I *HAVE* to watch are Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Story, and Rudolph. Christmas vacation is cool, but my fav...of those is VEGAS Vacation.

     
  • At 12:24 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Vegas Vacation is your favorite of the Vacation movies? I am not sure what I think of that. That is your first chink in the armor. At best it may be the third best Vacation movie ahead of European Vacation. It is miles behind Christmas Vacation and the original.

    I am just so confused now.

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Well, Vegas Vacation only because the dude (at the end of the film who croaks when his Keeno ticket wins) reminds me of my Uncle Pat. That's how my Uncle Pat would be in Vegas. Also the whole Wayne Newton (crushing on Ellen)thing makes me die laughing because on my 2nd trip to Sin City, I did run in to Tom Jones, and well that is a whole loooooong story. But V.V. holds a special place in my heart. Maybe it is not best of the Vacation movies...but it is still my fav. of them.

     
  • At 12:37 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I'll buy that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home