Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Ways I kill time when I am stuck in the office


Hey y'all. Yes...this is the second time today I've used the word y'all. Guess I am practicing for when I go down to Virginia next month. No matter how it kills me to post in one color will do so as I was questioned about using random colors in my posts. I was just trying to make it pretty for.... you guys. Fine...don't appreciate my artistic expression.

So it is Friday, and now is 3:48 pm (est)...and I am almost all by myself in the office. Bored out of my head. With no one of a fun nature to talk to. My best friend is away in sunny Florida, having a great time....he won't return until June 1st. Claire is on her week of Summer hours, so she and another co-worker got released at 12:15. And the dastardly duo from hell who torture me have been out of the office as of 12 noon, and 3:00. 'Big Bad' left about a half hour ago...and my boss left about 1 1/2 hours ago. So here I am....all alone. With my work all caught up. Ok, I can do some filing but that'll take all of what 15 minutes? Might as well save that until the real end of the day.

Which brings us to now. When I am updating the blog. Updating in one color, thank you very much. What have I done to pass my time? Surf the net. YEP. I am. I did. And I will do so once again. Probaly after I do the filing though. Some of my daily site that I check out...and the ones I really go to town trying to kill time this afternoon are below:
  1. IMDB.com (because I need to watch the POTC trailer, and see who's birthday is today.)
  2. Foodnetwork.com (because there may be a killer b-b-q recipe I missed or adult cocktail that whet's my whistle.)
  3. MSN.com (just because I need to see Hugh Jackman as Wolverine...lust lust...pant...pant.)
  4. Sobannyc.com (because I will be in NYC next Saturday and want to try and think of what I'll buy myself.)
  5. Coldstonecreamery.com (because I can no longer eat ice cream, especially their ice cream anymore without popping a zillion lactaid pills as I think my stomach is being shredded. But what the hell, why not look at the yummies and long for them. Right?)
  6. Google.com (because Google is great. And what do I Google? Photos of thunder storms as it's raining right now...and places to stay in Boston/Salem and Virginia as I need to find a hotel for when I go down south. Boston just because I can't believe a week has passed since I was away.)

Of course I have e-mailed back and forth numerous times with my circle of people I chat with all day long. But alas they're leaving their offices early today too. But what I think is SO SO cool is the photo I added above. Not only is that Paris getting zapped....but it took place on June 3, 1902. And although I was not born in 1902...June 3rd is my birthday.

Ok....y'all let me get back to work. Yeah...my filing. Guess now's as good a time as any to do it. That way it looks like I did something this afternoon.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I am the king of finding things to do when bored at work. I am always listening to something mostly sportstalk, Adam Carolla Show, or the Ricky Gervais Show. I hit my email, my fantasy baseball, blogs. Sometimes I just surf blogspot for interesting blogs. Somtimes I just play spider sloitaire for hours on end.

    I sometimes try to force myself to write something for my blog no matter how uninspried I may feel. Once or twice a week I get to waste the county's gas money and drive around the measuring for new adresses.

    Are you fired up about X3 or are you scared to death? Me and my idiot friends are going to see it Sunday afternoon. We were going tommorrow, but I have to start drinking to find my charactor instead.

     
  • At 12:14 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I am and was psyched to see X-3! When I checked the ratings, was a bit scared as it got poor reviews. But I find that the critics and I never agree. If they like it I hate it and visa versa.

    X-Men III was (from a movie buff's p.o.v.) action packed, whimsical and just out right enjoyable. Granted the story could have been more detailed in parts but I like it. In fact will bring my aunt to see it some time over the next week.Several surprises too which I will NOT give up!

    Usually at work, web-wise it is check my bank account, IMDB, and recipes. I'm boring. Oh, and of course blog when possible. We have restrictions at work, so some sites are not viewable.

     
  • At 12:02 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I thought X3 was better than the first one but the second X-Men will always be the best. I was surprised by many things in it, especially the loss of some characters. I loved Juggernaut blasting thru walls and Beast fighting. Kitty Pryde is my new favorite geek crush.

    I was also glad to see that, while everyone says this is the last X-Men movie, they left things open for a possible X4: Revenge of Magneto. Maybe after my turn as Tim Ray in Red Velvet Cake, I can be called on to portray Gambit.

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Well, I shall most certainly keep an eye out for you in your movie roll. And should you be the STAR of X-Men IV, I will be cheering the loudest in the theater!

    I also dig (and I am drawing a blank to his name right now) the guy who can turn his body to metal. He is my secret crush of X-Men. Kitty is cool.

    How long is Red Velvet Cake going to take to film?

     
  • At 3:32 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Colossus is your favorite.

    RVC is scheduled to take a little less than a month. I think shooting starts June 1 and ends around June 27 or 28. And I am sure there are a few extra days set up for reshoots and what not. As of right now I have three days on set. Sign contracts tonight, I believe.

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Thanks for the character name. You rock! Is acting just a past time for you or is it something you long to do?

     
  • At 2:22 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Acting is not something that I long to do. I would have to leave home to do it so that's out. I just thought it would be something cool to look back on in my golden years. It's not even a pasttime. Except for church Christmas plays, I have no experience at all. If you can call church plays experience.

    I might enjoy doing it if Kentucky became the next Hollywood, but I doubt that. Hopefully I can keep in contact with the production company and perhaps appear in a few more projects here or there, otherwise, this is a one time thing I'm sure.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home