Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, June 02, 2006

As promised....the e-mail from 'Big Bad' and other stuff from yesterday

From: 'Big Bad'
Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:11 AM
To: 'The Team'
RE: Work ordersImportance: High

We Are Broken In a BIG WAY?

We have 3 to 4 People Looking at WORP tickets and screens and are starting to look Silly. When is enough enough??

The Number of Work Orders escalated is at 168..

We have other sites looking at this and advising the Help Desk to close….

WHY?

See you all at the meeting
'Big Bad'

Director Of 'Driving his co-workers insane'

**I had to omitt his name and change his title, and renamed the recipients to protect the innocent and ensure I still had a job.** But you all get the jist. The body of the e-mail however has NOT been altered.
More random things I noticed in my day, yesterday
  1. At one point during the meeting last night, I go to hand Claire something and notice something 'odd' about the sleeve of my sweater. Now mind you I had just commented to Claire how she and I both color coordinated. Anyway, as I again look at my sleeve, notice what it is. I WAS WEARING MY SWEATER INSIDE OUT! No one had noticed, and I had gone like this all day long. My point is, this must surely be a sign of old age fast approaching.
  2. Pooka, my 'boy' cat has to race you to the toilet, and as you do your business, he must purr and demand you to pet his head as he waits for you to finish. I have no idea where he has gotten this from, as he never used to do that. Pooka has picked up the habit, and I thought it was just a phase. Now I realize this is something he feels he must do for you, almost as if he is cheering you on for going potty.
  3. People in cubes have no respect for their co-workers. As I may play my music, off my computer at a low decible, aware that not everyone may enjoy my music...my two 'wonderful' co-workers must crank theirs. Without hesitation, and without asking if it is too loud.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Happy B-day! Enjoy your weekend. It sounds like you will need Monday to recover from the B-Day weekend with all you have planned.

    Maybe you could invest in an earpiece to plug into your computer. I took a set of earbuds and cut one off to make a one bud listening system. I can listen to my talk radio and hear anyone else that talks to me as well. Or you could suggest it to the other coworkers who play theirs to loud. Or you could just punch them in the eye.

    As for your cat, cats do things just to annoy you sometimes and this is one of those things.

     
  • At 9:40 AM , Blogger claire said...

    As far as the cat thing goes, if YOU don't stop, HE won't stop. If you like interacting with other living things whilst pottying, i guess its no big deal. I don't think i would enjoy that so much...

    Piccu - i think our bosses would freak if we used earbuds. If there is anything getting in the way of us not hearing the phones, there will be serious repurcussions.

    And they don't want us to be happy.

     
  • At 9:41 AM , Blogger claire said...

    btw: you're feeling like "Belle" now?

    is there some kind of symbolism i'm missing?

     
  • At 10:18 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Piccu, thank you for the nice sweet birthday wishes. I will not be hung over, come Monday...just needing to regain my energy.

    I used to use my i-pod at the office, may have to go back to that. However although your earbud idea is a great one, may have to just go witht he eye-punching option instead.

    I think dogs and cats both have the annoying trait. When I had my dog Scruffy, fondly referred to as Smeagol, the beagal...she had a laundry list of things that irked me.

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Claire...but he's soooo cute! How can I stop. He was also trying to be picked up while I sat on the throne, but I quickly put an end to that. That I think is just WAY nasty.

    And yes, there will be NO happiness while we work. I no longer sing Hi-Ho, hi-ho it's off to work I go, in the morning. This place has become the happiness natzi!

    And maybe I am feeling 'Belle-like' in my old age. I have certainly dated enough beasts. :-) :-) I could have also gone with Belle in the yellow gown. But I opted for bookish-Belle as I like to read.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home