Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, June 23, 2006

When it rains it pours!

They say what goes around comes around, and I tend to believe that. I try to treat people the way I'd like to be treated. So as I sit in my office, practically all alone as it was my turn to work a full Friday, I faught sleep and boredom....counting the minutes until I could get out of here, read (and finish my book) then get to yoga.

Fate has different plans though. One of our messengers calls and asks if I like baseball. I answer with a resounding 'YES.' The short of it is, he was given tickets to tonights Yankee game, and he can't go. So he is giving YOURS TRULY the tickets!!!

I have no idea who is playing...all I know is Ida and I will have a rip-roaring time tonight. Maybe even catch Derek Jeter. Oopps. I mean catch one of Derek Jeter's fly balls.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Did you have a good time? It looks like it was a pretty good game. The Marlins have a lot of good young players. I believe that there are probably 4 or 5 Yankees that make as much as the whole Marlins team. The Marlins payroll is $14 million. I know A-rod makes more. I just wonder which team is the more exciting one.

    Did you get a foul ball of Jeter? And if you did, did you immediatly throw it back?

     
  • At 9:21 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Yes, it was a really nice night. It had begun to rain (just a drizzle) in the 8th, but it felt good. There were several intense moments which always makes it worth seeing a game live.

    I have not been to Yankee Stadium, probably in 10 years. The seats were way up in the nose-bleed section, but we were behind 3rd base so had a good view of the field. No balls came high enough for us to catch, but there were some that made it tot he tier below us.

    Jeter, Rodriguez, and Williams and Giambi probably are the highest paid on the team. I think the Marlin's have some promising takent, but time will help them hone their skills.

     
  • At 10:07 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    It doesn't hurt that the Marlins are managed by former Yankee Joe Girardi. Although, I am not sure Joe was ever part of a Yankee team with that kind of payroll. He looks to be one of the future stars in the managerial world.

     
  • At 11:42 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I dunno if he did play for the Yankee's when they had the 'big guns' on the team. Then again, back in those days saleries were much different.

    When mom and I used to go to the games: she always rooted for Joe and I always used to root for O'Neill. Paul WAS my ball player. He just WAS the game for me.

     
  • At 12:22 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Paul O'Neil is one of my all time favorites also. You may not remember but he started his career with my team the Cincinnati Reds.

    He was always a guy you could count on to leave everything on the field and if you tested his arm, he would throw you out every time. Excellent ballplayer, too bad he wasn't good enough to make the Hall of Fame.

     
  • At 1:29 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    If you like to read, then I suggest you pick up Paul O'Neill's autobiography. I have it, and it's an interesting read...Paul is not too easy on himself, sugar-coating his game persona, etc. It has a lot to do with his family life, and when he had started on The Reds.

    When I had played softball, my two posistions were right field and catcher. So I will always have a soft spot for Paul. I just wish he did more commentating and wish he had gotten in to the HOF.

     
  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger claire said...

    oh, so that's how you got the tickets.

    score for you! :)

     
  • At 1:21 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Yeppers, that be how I get's the tickets. Q. came through!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home