Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Random Ramblings and trivial thoughts

So as i sit at my desk, inindated with things to do...have the need to escape to blog-land. Why do I have this need? Because I am tired, and just feel like it. Plus because one of my co-workers isn't around and I can yap about her. Anyway, here are some of the topics I feel the need to share with you. Comments from the peanut gallery are totally expected and welcomed!
  1. 'Big Bad' is a too faced, truly vile creature. If it is that he is not turning in to one then it means he has been one all along. And this makes me sad. Because I liked him when I was hired...and thought he was a truly amazing man. These days he just critisizes, chastises, and skulks about with a suspicious look, like he is planning on catching his 'team' doing something they aren't supposed to be.
  2. 'Big Bad' is ACTUALLY gunning to have 1/2 the thorn in my side canned. Now don't get me wrong: I have spent numerous hours ranting and raving about said co-worker's lack of pulling her weight both on my blog, and via conversations with friends and family. But the thorn in my side is actually a nice woman who happens to be having a very trying time with one of her children. To the point where her sonhas recently ben hospitalized, and she is now trying to find him a new school so has been taking more time off. In stead of working 4 days per week, she is working 3 days. But 'Big Bad' doesn't seem to care. And at this week's snor-a-thon meeting that he holds actually tried to get me to nail my co-worker to the cross (without her being there to defend herself.) When I ever so smoothly refused to do such, 'Big Bad' got annoyed and attempted this with another member of our 'team' who also wouldn't put the last nail in the coffin of our co-worker.
  3. it is summer. And it is hot. granted not as hot as some area's of the country but hot none the less. Today I wore my coral stripped pants. And now I realize that whenever I look down at my legs, feel like I am wearing Steven Tyler pants. Needless to say have Aerosmith on the brain due to announced concert tour with Motley Crue.
  4. I may talk alot about my two cats, and sometimes it sounds like I am overly humanizing them. But can rest assured that I am not 'crazy-cat-lady' and that my cousin is. My cousin who has joined numerous cat rescue organizations, argued with cops about her cat rallies, and even 'mugged' a boy for the case he brought a stray in to her because he wouldn't leave a donation for her accepting the cat.
  5. Uuummm, family are just odd. The latest in my family: (a) One Uncle thinks he is due anything and everything in my house and has gone on the record to say 'he can get in to my house any time he wants.' (b) One cousin marrying her roommate in the very near future. However it is not a marriage of love, yet one formed to 'protect their assests.' (c) 'Crazy-cat-lady' will not communicate {yeah Claire where have we heard this word mentioned} with me unless I e-mail her. And she has gone as far as to ask me if I knew about my surprise b-day party that my mum and Ida threw me this year...in an accusing tone of somewhat.
  6. A certain hallway in my office building smells like feet. DIRTY FEET, as there are lockers with dirty, sweaty uniforms fromt he janitorial and packaging staff. Sure, it isn't people's faults that they sweat. However I have mentioned several times that this hallway (which is where I use the ladies room) SMELLS LIKE FEET. Sure it was noted...but have they done anything? Hell no!
  7. Still trying to find a way to incorporate black-eyed pea's into a meal. I guess my first step is to actually buy some. Huh?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    That was alot of stuff. It's hot here, but it has cooled down since we received 6 inches of rain in 24 hours. Remember it could always be worse. I have no AC in my dungeon and won't have for a few more weeks.

    Your boss problems are crazy, but remember that for people of your boss' ilk, what goes around comes around. He will get some sort of cosmic comeuppance.

    As for the family stuff? You're on your own. I had a weird family member, he introduced heroin to the OC. I had a cousin who was at his funeral, and this guy came up and told him, "You're uncle was a genius. He was the first man to bring the heroin from Nashville to the county instead of everyone going to Nashville for heroin." I'm not sure whether to be proud or sad.

     
  • At 1:43 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I feel your pain about not having a/c in your dungeon. I do NOT have a/c in my house. But they say hot air rises and cool air sinks. Is it really that bad for you? I am sure it must be....

    I am not sure if I should confrdulate or emphasize with you about the family member you mentioned. I guess everyone has stories to tell.

    Yes, I am sure my boss will have his just dessert's coming to him. I just don't get how he has changed.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home