Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Christmas HAS come early for Orelinde!!!




Taken from AOL this morning:
Posted Jun 21st 2006 8:37AM by Jessica Robertson
Filed under: Rock

Veteran rockers Aerosmith and Mötley Crüe are teaming for what's sure to be a raucous fall tour dubbed 'The Route of All Evil.' The North American jaunt kicks off on Sept. 14 in Holmdel, N.J., and runs through Nov. 24 in West Palm Beach, Fla.
Aerosmith racked up the miles over the past year, having been on the road from last October through February. However, the classic-rock icons had to cancel the remaining dates of their Rockin' the Joint tour when frontman Steven Tyler underwent throat surgery in March.

The Crue, like Aerosmith, have been road-doggin' it, spending much of 2005 on their Carnival of Sin tour in support of their latest, 'Red, White & Crue.' The hair-metal vets recently wrapped a two-month North American jaunt.

As for 'Evil,' between Motley Crue's affinity for pyro and Aerosmith's elaborate stage construction, expect nothing less than sensory overload.
09/14/06 PNC Bank Arts Holmdel, NJ
09/19/06 Jones Beach Wantagh, NY
09/23/06 Tweeter Center NJ Camden
09/26/06 Tweeter Center MA Mansfield
09/30/06 Nissan Pavilion Bristow
10/05/06 First Midwest Bank Chicago
10/07/06 Alpine Valley East Troy, WI
10/11/06 DTE Energy Center Detroit, MI

So, you can only imagine my JOY over this news. My favorite band, and Motley Crue...together. This should make quite an interesting line-up. Aerosmith can still rock, and Motely has a kick-ass personality too. What I would love to see is a drum-off between Tommy Lee and Joey Kramer, perhaps with the two of them in cages. I think that would be interesting. And even though the boys in Motely are younger, Joe Perry can still smoke them, with his electric hands any day. But unlike the Aerosmith/Kiss tour....I do not think this one will be a let-down.

I just hope that Steven Tyler isn't rushing back to the stage too fast after the throat surgary.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Someone you know get fired?

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Just as good. LOL. Actually for whatever reason, my text didn't publish the first time. So I just had to re-do the entry for today. When things slow down a bit here (I am actually rather busy this morning), I will post a more personal entry. The past few days has been slower than molasses in the winter, and I hate that. So my hectic pace this morning is welcomed.

    I also felt that I needed to share somewhat of a 'news-worthy' event.

     
  • At 12:38 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I am not a huge fan of Aerosmith, or at least not the Aerosmith of the late 80's and 90's. I do love the stuff from the beginning until drug abuse destroyed them. I saw the Aerosmith/Kiss tour and would have never thought Aerosmtih could top Kiss, but they did. In Kiss' defense they didn't have Ace and Peter, so it was pretty much a fake .

    I had tickets for the Crue in Louville but sold them on eBay. I have seen enough of Motley Crue live on TV to know that I would not be able to take Vince Neil's half singing. He only sings about half a song. He skips words left and right and that just annoys me. I would be more fired up if this were say, Aerosmith/Judas Priest or Aerosmith/Kid Rock or even Aerosmith/Queen.

    I probably will not see this show as I will be holding out for a Tool show, hopefully, close by. But I bet it will be an awesome event.

     
  • At 2:07 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I have been a fan of Aerosmith for 18-19 years. In fact (and don't know if I ever shared with you,) I have their logo tattooed on the small of my back!

    Yes, classic Aerosmith was THE band. I still get chills when I hear Dream On and Uncle Salty. But I do like 'new' Aerosmith too and must give them credit for trying to keep up with the music changes of the late 20th century.

    We will not even discuss about when Joe left the band and started The Joe Perry Project.

    I have never seen Tool in concert, but do like them. I will have to keep eyes peeled for them touring. How many times have you seen them?

    I have seen Kiss 2 times. Once ont heir own, and they ROCKED. Then when they toured with Aerosmith, and they were horrid!And that was with ALL original members.

    I'm such a nerd...like Niki and Tommy from Motley Crue. Vince I think is just a hack these days. Saw them last year, and they took 20 minute breaks...I kid you not. But Tommy knows how to beat the skins. :-) :-)

     
  • At 2:52 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I have never seen Tool in concert basically because I am the only Tool fan in the area, I think.

    I haven't been to a concert in a few years, my last was Silvertide and Van Halen with Sammy. Unless my last was Mudvayne, Rob Zombie and Ozzy. They were in the same building around the same time.

     
  • At 3:34 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I like Mudvayne...and I like Rob Zombie. I saw Rob once...but was a bit zonked so don't remember as much as I'd like to.

    So what would your 'Perfect' fantasy concert line-up consist of. This can contain deceased musicians as well.

     
  • At 9:34 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I would have loved to have seen Van Halen circa 1984, Metallica circa Master of Puppets, Hendrix circa anytime. That could be my Monsters of Rock show.

    Van Halen was my first real introduction to hard rock as a kid so they will always be special. Unfortunatly they can't seem to keep from pissing off and then firing their lead singers.

    The Metallica pick is so I could have seen Cliff Burton on bass.

    And Hendrix just because he is nuts and I don't know if there has ever been anyone as great as he was in so short a period of time.

     
  • At 1:48 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Mine would consist of:
    The Doors
    Jimi Hendrix
    Cream
    Van Halen with DLR....(back in the day)
    Queen (W/ Freddie)

     
  • At 2:15 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    All good picks, I went through a Doors fascination at one time, as well as a huge Queen phase in my life.

    I never really got into Cream. I used to be way into Clapton, so much so that I can't stand to listen to a Clapton song anymore, I got so bruned out.

    I don't know how I could have made my list and forgot about these three bands, Led Zep, the Who, and Sabbath.

    I defy anyone to convince me the Who is not the greatest rock band of all time.

    Nothing needs to be said about Zep and Sabbath started all the heavy sounds I love.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home