Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Wacky & Wild Weekend Events

Ok, so the weekend always goes way to fast for any of us. I think they should officially make weekends 3 days (because lets face it, who wants to go to work on Monday?) It seems that almost every weekend, I've had stuff to do...which is mad cool. But still it would be nice to just chill, right? Anyway, here comes the weekend recap:

Friday: Went to dinner to celebrate my co-worker's birthday. She is an older lady, probably around my mom's age (yet slightly younger.) However, 'L.' as I will refer to her as, is so sweet, and so nice. She is from Russia, and just so demure, and soft-spoken. I always tease her that her ears must fall off her head with the things she hears, and the colorful vocabulary the boys and I use. She just laughs and claims to 'hear nothing.' So Friday night, a bunch of us went out to celebrate 'L.' birthday, and when it came time to pony-up, found out SHE had paid the check, giving her credit card at the beginning of the evening to the hostess. Turns out that it is Russian custom for the birthday person to cater to their friends on the day of their own birthday, and she had wanted our company, but insisted on sticking to her custom and paying. SO for any of you with Russian friends, if you do want to take them out for their birthday, you must be prepaired to go covert, and slip the hostess your c.c. so as not to run in to this same situation that we had.

Saturday: I had planned on going to the beach if the sun was shining. It sure was hot enough, but was so over-cast knew my pasty-white skin would do naught but crisp. So instead, mum and I went to the Irish Festival and walked around, browsed at all the lovely jewelery, trinkets, etc. It was really nice having a mother-daughter day, and was rather stress-free. I purchased a pendant for Ida's up-coming b-day, a purse for mum's up-coming birthday, a Guinnesse tee for me, and a necklace which is being custom made. After that we went to Wal-mart, and that evening Ida and I went to Borders where I purchased yet more books to add to the piles I have in my bedroom.

Sunday: Woke up to a beautiful blue sky and heat. Went to Smiths Point, my favorite beach and planned to stay there for most of my day. Got there at 9:30 in the morning, and by 12:30 felt my face getting crispy. The water was very rough, so rough that I partially lost the bottom of my suit, got tossed upside down, and dragged, getting way to friendly with the sand. Was home by 1:30, slightly water-logged, scraped, and took a shower, to go to Gabby's (7th birthday party). She is our cousin's daughter and such a GREAT kid. So at the party it was announced that my cousin's Frank & Lynn are expecting another little one, which with God's blessing will arrive, healthy and happy in February of 2007. Please say a prayer for them, because they have been trying to have a second child for a very long time, and it is difficult. And Gabby so wants a baby brother or sister so badly.

Oh! And I am unsure who is being wooed, if it is Pooka or Cro`i. But one of the stray cats that seem to hang out in our yard and watch my two precious kitties through the back door is now bringing us presents. DEAD presents! On our way to the b-day party...I had to remove a dead (obviousley cat-gift) from my front stoop area. When I went back out to remove the corpse, it had been moved slightly...so I guess Pooka or Cro`i hadn't thanked their wooer promptly enough. But the odd thing is that my precious kitties are strictly indoor cats..and both of them are fixed! So why are they being brought gifts? Because none of the humans in my house feed these strays. I told Pooka and Cro`i the only gifts they're allowed to get from now on are: jewles, cash, or vacations that I can go on.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:06 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    My weekend was hectic. I stayed in Friday and cleared off my DVR, well, some of it anyway.

    Saturday I read all day and then cleared some more DVR. This weekend is wearing me out.

    Sunday, church, then a certain little movie called Dead Man's Chest, which ruled. Then more DVR clearing and sleep.

    Top that!

     
  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I am so psyched that you enjoyed Dead Man's Chest! I was wondering if you'd have dug it as much as I did.

    What are some of the shows you catch on the dvr? And what are you currently reading? Yes, I'll call myself on it. I'm being nosy.

     
  • At 9:33 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I catch most of my shows on DVR. I hate commercials, so I hardly ever watch live TV. I usuaully read and listen to some music after dinner then go to bed and watch some TV. I have begun watching your favorite show, Supernatural. I have to admit, it pretty much rocks. I also watch Big Brother 6 so there is three shows a week. Just junk basically, there is nothing on during the summer.

    Mainly I read magazines. I have an unhealthly amount of subscriptions. I read Time, SI, Sporting News, Entertainment Weekly, Spin, Rolling Stone, Maxim, Men's Health, others.

    I also am like you in that I have a huge pile of books that I haven't read. I have The Historian unread, I have River of Doubt about Teddy Roosevelt unread, I have a book called Candy Freak unread. So mostly I read magazines and try to start a book, but never seem to get it done.

     
  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I am going to have to check out River Of Doubt. Teddy Roosevelt is one of my favorite historical people. He has a home which is open to the public, Sagamore Hill and I've been there twice....very very cool.

    Right now I'm reading a (chick) vampire series, which is a brainless, summer read: Undead and _______. They're funny, and cute, and I'm breezing through them. (Undead & Unwed, Undead & Unemployed), you get the picture.

    This book below I just lent my mom. It may be something up your ally. And I do not think it is overly chick-ish...more supernatural.


    It Wakes in Me

    Kathleen O'Neal Gear

    ABOUT THE BOOK

    It Wakes in Me

    FROM THE PUBLISHER
    According to the tradition of the Black Falcon People, each person has three souls: the eye soul, which stays with the body forever, the shadow-soul, where all evil is leeched and shed at death, and the reflection-soul, which lives on among the Blessed in the Land of the Dead, pure and clean. But on rare occasions, a shadow-soul can sneak into a living person's body to commit hideous crimes. Sora, the High Chieftess from the Black Falcon Nation, has been plagued with blackouts and fits since her seventh winter. As her world went dark, two gleaming eyes burned to life inside her. She named these occurrences the Midnight Fox, and remembered nothing after them. Now accusations are being made against her by rival clans. She has been accused of seven murders, including the murder of her friend and Loon People War Chief, Skinner. With villages rallying against her, and plagued with this terrible spirit illness, she looks for healing of her soul and mind, the strength to lead her people, and the courage to save her own life.

     
  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Sounds interesting, I usually stick with nonfiction, but every once in a while something fictiony will catch my eye.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home