Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Office Outcast

Shunning
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from
Shunned)
Jump to:
navigation, search

Shunning is the act of deliberately avoiding association with, and habitually keeping away from an individual or group. It is a sanction against association often associated with religious groups and other tightly-knit organizations and communities. Shunning has a long history as a means of organizational influence and control. Extreme forms of shunning and related practices have rendered the general practice controversial in some circles.

Sunday and Monday mornings, I woke up congested and realized the sinuses were getting stuffed up. But other than a stuffy nose, felt fine. Then after I had lunch on Monday, began to feel really icky. Had the chills, was dizzy and jittery, and very icky feeling…almost to the point where I wanted to go home. But I braved it out, and found I began to feel better. (My bad), because I went home, played an hour’s worth of PS2, and then went to see what Ida wanted to do for dinner. That was it…Monday evening, me and the toilet began best friends. So yesterday morning I called my boss (‘The Chief’) and asked if it would be ok to take ½ sick day, going in at 12 which he said not a problem. I wound up taking the whole day because although I didn’t need to hug my toilet anymore still had other sinus symptoms and was very dizzy. I called in and told them I wouldn’t be making it in, and ok…let’s face it. I DIDN’T REALLY WANT TO GO IN TO THE OFFICE. ESPECIALLY WHEN I SAW MY WEEKLY MEETING HAD BEEN CANCELED. Why push myself, get sicker, get aggravated, and have to deal with my annoying co-workers?

So here we are; back in my office having to deal with the childish antics of ‘Big Bad’. It is sad to have to recognize the fact that a 40-something year old man, who has a title of director resorts to tactics such as shunning. He waltz’s through my office, I say ‘good morning’ and barely get a hello from him. He has been in and out several times today, talking with ‘It’, and other people around my cube but ignoring me. ‘Big Bad’ is known for this. If he feels that you have not lived up to his expectations…he gives you the silent treatment. If he feels you didn’t fulfill your work obligations, he will not talk to you. On a truly personal note, he is on his second marriage…and if how he acts in the office is any indication as to how he treated wife #1, it’s no wonder he is on wife # 2. I won’t even go into detail how he acts if you were to not acknowledge him. Oh, the horror…how he pouts and goes out of his way for you to realize how slighted he felt.

But WHATEVER. Because what goes around comes around. And if he wants to shun me…I am quite content being shunned and not having to deal with him. Ultimately he is one of my bosses, but I am so relieved to not have to work directly for him. Because I think if that was still the case, and I didn’t have to answer to ‘The Chief’ either I’d have had gone postal or quit, or lost my marbles completely. The more I think of it…being shunned rocks!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Sounds like this guy has no idea how to deal with people. The silent treatment is something I would expect from a 10 year old, not a boss. Well, at least you don't have to listen to him babble.

     
  • At 11:19 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    I swear if when I interviewed with him, this was his personality...would have never accepted the job.

    But thankfully I don't have to deal with him as much. He still has his panties in a bunch this morning.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home