Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

RockStar: SuperNova…..Zayra goes home!

*Sang to the tune of ‘Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead’*

Ding-dong Zayra is gone….
My ears are safe…the group can move on.
Ding-dong Zayra is really…really gone.

From episode one of this season’s RockStar, Zayra had done nothing for me. I did not care for her vocals, her outfits in my opinion were horrid, and the way she dances…well it made Dilana’s ‘Chicken-groove’ look like a waltz.

With all snarky comments aside, Zayra just was not the right person to front SuperNova. Each week the band told her what they needed from her to be considered…and yet they had been bewildered along with the rest of the viewers by her performances and song choices. At times she all but told them to kiss her butt…and for whatever reason felt she had a right to have the chip on her shoulder.

So last night, prior to the elimination there were 8 remaining and (no surprise here) Zayra was yet again in the bottom 3. I had gotten a little nervous when I saw Jason bopping his head to her song, and Tommy nod ‘yes’ to something one of the guys had said. I feared they liked her performance and would have kept her around for another week of twisted entertainment.

I knew under no circumstances were the guys going to get rid of Magni last night. In fact my call is it will come down to between Magni and Dilana. But when Patrice and Zayra were left on the chopping block, I was nervous. Because I don’t see Patrice being an option the guys would go with as a front-woman. SuperNova is looking for someone hard core. And after seeing Dilana hold her own with the hooch’s on stage, I have no doubt in my mind she would be a great person for them to pick. So as I sit here, repeat my little ditty to myself…..

Ding-dong Zayra is gone….
My ears are safe…the group can move on.
Ding-dong Zayra is really…really gone.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Unfortunately, Zayra was the only rock 'n' roller there. She did whatever she wanted, she never listened to what the guys said. She was a rebel and that is what rock 'n' roll is all about. Unfortunately for Zayra, she really has no talent. She can still be somebody in the music biz because let's face it, there are a lot of untalented people out there who are successful.

    I just think that after a couple weeks of Patrice and Ryan doing there same old shtick, you will realize that you miss the unpredictableness and originalness of Zayra's performances.

     
  • At 2:45 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Although she was like a train wreck, that you couldn't stop looking at...she did bring some originality and amusement.

    I just didn't want her to somehow get picked to front the band. Do you ever check out Dave's site, www.6767.com ? Even there he is straight up about her and all the other contestants.

     
  • At 4:51 PM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I have been checking it for a couple of weeks. He lets it all hang out on that site.

    There is a podcast called The Rock 'N' Roll geek show that goes thru each show if for no other reason than to goof on it. It is a great podcast and last week's episode was the best so far. The guy who does the show actually went to the taping and he got all kinds of dirt on the goings on.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home