Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Why are people so irritating?

So I have to be very covert on the post because who knows who will read this. But all I will say is; why if you tell someone ‘forget it’ or ‘drop it’ or ‘just let it go’ why won’t they? If they can see that it is only upsetting you more by rehashing or dwelling on this said event (that really didn’t affect them, but they did have a part in it) why do they continue to talk about it?

Something happened today and it was supposed to be a good thing. But it turned out that it didn’t go through as planned because someone screwed up. So although I was disappointed, I sucked it up. However I had two people (actually more like one person) acting like a dog with a bone about it. She wouldn’t stop talking about it, and asking questions, and I kept telling her to ‘forget it’. But she wouldn’t finally I had to say point blank ‘You’re going to piss me off if you don’t drop it.’

You see, I have stomach issues. To clarify, I suffer from IBS with constipation…however this is triggered by stress or certain foods or basically a number of things. From this syndrome, I have now become lactose intolerant, having to give up some of my favorite foods (because no matter what lactaid just doesn’t cut it.) I am on a fiber regimen for the IBS, and my next step is prescribed medication which I am trying to avoid taking because some of the possible side effects. Other foods are now a no-no too because of my stomach issues. I also am a nervous person, who often internalizes a lot of stuff (even though I can be very vocal too) and have been having frequent bouts of stomach bouts. SO I am trying to keep calm…and I am trying not to let stress and anxiety rule my daily life.

Which brings me to my job…or more importantly the people I work with. Why stress me out or continue to stress me out if you know I haven’t been feeling well? Why try to make this about ‘you’ when again, it involved you but didn’t effect you? And why try to dictate to me what I can do when MY BOSS tells me what I can do? Why? Can someone answer me this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home