Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Is it Friday yet????

Have you ever had one of those days? You know the one I’m talking about. Where everything that can go wrong does? And I don’t mean that you’re grouchy or just not liking your environment. I mean THINGS GO WRONG.....as in...let’s just start the day over again.
This morning I drag my butt out of bed, hop in the shower and try to think of all the things I need to buy at the grocery store at lunch time for an upcoming tea party we’re hosting this Saturday. Breakfast is uneventful, and I hop in the car only to have the highway backed up for exits, and opt to take the service road. However, the traffic gods must be irked with me, because not only is the service road backed up, but construction is going on, so everyone needs to merge in to one lane. At 8:26 am I consent to the fact that I am going to be LATE to work. Later than my normal 5-minutes late. I call my friend’s desk to ask her to man the phones....but she seems to have called in sick and changed her voicemail to inform all she will not be in today. I then call another co-worker and get her voicemail. Where the hell is she? So I then resort to calling my bud...1/2 of the thorn in my side which actually isn’t as bad as I thought he was. Annoying as hell at times, no doubt. But all in all a good guy. I tell him I’ll be 10 minutes late and he assures me he’s going to fill ‘The Chief’ in.
Get to the office and ‘The Chief’ tells me he needs me to go sit up in the office where ‘Big Bad’ works out of, as Claire and my co-worker BOTH CALLED IN SICK, and no one is ‘manning that office’. So let’s recap: ‘Big Bad’ is not in, as he had a scheduled day off, and both women who work in his office called out sick. ‘Dim-wit’ who works in my office and drives me insane has Thursdays off, so that leaves YOURS TRULY the only one to cover phones...and miss out on lunch. Ok, not too bad...because I’ve done this before. But I’m pissed because I needed to go shopping on lunch and now can’t.
It gets worse. Go and sit and Claire’s desk, and deposit my tote bag (that I carry to and from work) on the floor. This held my personal items, including my lunch a protein bar and yogurt. And when I go into my tote to get my water find out that my yogurt has EXPLODED IN MY BAG. So this now leaves me with: only a protein bar for lunch, unable to go out to pick something up because there’s no office coverage, and of course I can’t order in because I don’t have $$$ on me, just my debit card. Plus I have been here since 8:45 am, and haven’t even been able to go to the ladies room.
As if that isn’t bad enough. One NYC messenger was mugged last night, after he got off work. So at 9:15 he called in to say he wasn’t going to make in to work. I was unable to pull up work order tickets for an outside vendor and had to contact ‘Big Bad’ as this is one of ‘his side of the house jobs’. Like I said....it’s a BAD DAY.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    That sounds horrible. I hope your weekend went better than your Friday. It sounds like you needed two or three days to recover.

     
  • At 9:19 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    One of the women I work with quit Friday morning....walked out and gave no notice.

    Nice huh?

    Yeah...doesn't look like things are going to be getting better here. Thinking of updating my resume and taking civil service tests.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home