Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Another thought provoking Thursday at the office:

So, as we know…one of my co-workers (who seemed to be the most professional and ‘sane’ out of all of us) just up and walked out a few weeks back. To this day, no one knows why and she won’t talk to any of us who call to check in on her. It’s all very odd, and a lot of speculations and questions have been passed back and forth those of us who had thought we were her friends. On another note…as of yesterday one of my co-workers who I have often mentioned in the Blog, who drove me insane has been transferred to work in ‘Big Bad’s’ office, sitting in the cube next to Claire.

I feel bad for Claire, because now she’ll have to listen to the singing, and toe-tapping…the endless personal phone calls on desk and cell phone. The giggling, and stupid questions….the huffing-and-puffing. But Claire has way more patience when it comes to the thorn-in-my-side who now has to share that office. And Claire is more easy-going and diplomatic. Regardless I must do the *Snoopy dance of joy* over the fact that Thorn-in-my-side, bane to my existence is relocated. One down and one more to go.

Anyway as I move on to the oddities that have transpired this morning when I came in to the office. In my cube was a piece of luggage with i.d. tags on it. Was I going somewhere without being given notice? Was my boss shipping me out? NOPE! Turns out a sales trainee had lost his luggage, and one of the night staff put it in my cube for safe keeping. And damn…I thought I was going to Ventura, CA as to the town where the luggage resides.

On my way back from delivering the misplaced luggage to the Sales Training dept. I decided to hit the ladies room. Now, I do understand why it was…but I still find it odd. Every toilet in the six stalls had its seats flipped up. (Ok, I understand it was for cleaning purposes.) But it was just funny, because for a second I panicked and couldn’t help but wonder if I had wandered in to the men’s room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home