Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

TCM...and ZOMBIES

I may have mentioned it once or twice. But I am not a zombie fan. Zombies = Orelinde not sleeping for a week. Now, I'm not talking silly zombie stuff. like Scooby Doo on Zombie Island. I'm talking: Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead, The Walking Dead....even Land Of The Dead was pushing it. Zombies freak me out...their need to feast on living flesh...their craving human brains. I can maybe watch 20 minutes (if that), and then it's switch the channel time. Anyway, On TCM this Friday, it seems to be Zombie night. I've only glanced at the shows for Friday and Saturday which I am posting below. And I will admit, I will try and watch some of the OLD, zombie flicks. The ones that don't seem to be too scary. Below, I am bolding the shows I plan to watch this weekend. ENJOY!!!


October 27 Friday
7:00 PM White Zombie (1932)
A zombie master menaces newlyweds on a Haitian plantation. Cast: Bela Lugosi, Madge Bellamy, John Harron. Dir: Victor Halperin. BW-69 mins, TV-PG


8:15 PM I Walked With A Zombie (1943)
A nurse in the Caribbean resorts to voodoo to cure her patient, even though she's in love with the woman's husband. Cast: Frances Dee, Tom Conway, James Ellison. Dir: Jacques Tourneur. BW-69 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS


9:30 PM Walking Dead, The (1936)
A framed man comes back from the dead to seek revenge. Cast: Boris Karloff, Edmund Gwenn, Marguerite Churchill. Dir: Michael Curtiz. BW-66 mins, TV-PG, CC


10:45 PM Creature With the Atom Brain (1955)
A gangster enlists a mad Nazi scientist to create an army of atomic zombies. Cast: Richard Denning, Angela Stevens, S. John Launer. Dir: Edward L. Cahn. BW-69 mins


12:00 AM Mysterious Doctor, The (1943)
Nazi agents use a headless ghost as a front. Cast: John Loder, Eleanor Parker, Bruce Lester. Dir: Ben Stoloff. BW-57 mins, TV-PG


1:00 AM Night of the Living Dead (1968)
A space probe unleashes microbes that turn the dead into flesh-eating zombies. Cast: Duane Jones, Judith O'Dea, Karl Hardman. Dir: George A. Romero. BW-96 mins, TV-MA


2:45 AM Crazies, The (1973)
An experimental virus turns the inhabitants of a small-town into killers. Cast: Lane Carroll, Will MacMillan, Harold Wayne Jones. Dir: George A. Romero. C-103 mins, TV-MA


4:30 AM MGM Parade Show #21 (1955)
Wallace Beery and Jackie Cooper perform in a clip from "The Champ"; Russ Tamblyn introduces a clip from "The Last Hunt." Hosted by George Murphy. BW-25 mins, TV-G

October 28 Saturday
7:30 AM Quatermass Xperiment, The (1956)
A space fungus transforms an astronaut into a deadly monster. Cast: Brian Donlevy, Jack Warner, Richard Wordsworth. Dir: Val Guest. BW-78 mins, TV-PG


11:00 AM Suspicion (1941)
A wealthy wallflower suspects her penniless playboy husband of murder. Cast: Joan Fontaine, Cary Grant, Nigel Bruce. Dir: Alfred Hitchcock. BW-99 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS


1:00 PM Haunting, The (1963)
A team of psychic investigators moves into a haunted house that destroys all who live there. Cast: Julie Harris, Claire Bloom, Russ Tamblyn. Dir: Robert Wise. BW-112 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

3:00 PM Day the Earth Stood Still, The (1951)
An alien demands that Earth's leaders choose between peace and destruction. Cast: Michael Rennie, Patricia Neal, Hugh Marlowe. Dir: Robert Wise. BW-92 mins, TV-PG, CC


5:00 PM King Kong (1933)
A film crew discovers the "eighth wonder of the world," a giant prehistoric ape, and brings him back to New York, where he wreaks havoc. Cast: Fay Wray, Robert Armstrong. Dir: Merian C. Cooper, Ernest B. Schoedsack. BW-100 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home