Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Getting stoned at work.....

This post is exactly what you think it is about. I returned from lunch, and approached my office door (the outside door off the parking lot mind you.) And *sniff sniff* notice a peculiar odor. I walk in and the smell is overpowering....a cross between paint, paint thinner, and some other fumes. I asked 'the chief' "Are we painting?' as there has been a recent rash of construction taking place in my building.*sniff sniff* I am told 'yes, and if it gets too much for you let us know.'

The quiet boy in my office is getting affected by the odors, *sniff sniff* and now I start feeling icky. But 'the chief' has escaped to fresh air, by going to lunch so I can't tell him I don't know if I am ultra silly or ultra barfy because of the fumes. *sniff sniff* (Oh look at all the pretty colors and the dancing daisy's).

My best friend can't even sit back here because of his asthma and came to tell me something of work related importance. My head is on my desk, and I am goofy and he is concerned. But I refuse to leave...because for the first time in my life, I am huffing. You know that thing kids do, when in school to get cheap highs.

'The chief' just came back from lunch and thinks we should have a canary here to test the fumes. He said if me and quiet boy want to escape for fresh air we can. But why do I want to do that when I am stoned? *sniff sniff*

Because in all my life, I have never huffed or did whippits or anything of that nature. And here I am 30 years old, working for a billion-dollar company who is making their employees inhale fumes of all sorts of nature. Because I sit in an office, off a warehouse, with no windows. *sniff sniff* (Oh did the photo of my cat just wink at me?)

Stoned, thanks to my company. Expected to do decent work. *Sniff sniff*


4 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM , Blogger Tami said...

    That's just crazy! No ventilation? (Or do you even want it at this point?)

     
  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    They do have vents...but the odor is coming through the ducts too. It is actually better now, than when I posted the topic today.

    And I did escape to get a bag of pretzels to nosh on and talk with a co-worker in another area.

    Where I sit used to be the quarentine area. Then as the company expanded and renovated, my department got shifted back to this section. We have two doorways, one off warehouse...and one in to the parking lot. But nope...no windows.

     
  • At 10:59 PM , Blogger SUEB0B said...

    That sounds nasty.

     
  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    It is so screwed up how they have my office sequestered away from everyone else. And I to get to the ladies room, you have to treck a far distance.

    The company I work for is a multi-billion dollar one, and they are ass backwards.

    Atleast today it is stink free.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home