Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sunday...in the park...wish it was a day in July

**I’m slacking! I had promised a Christmas blurb each day until December 25th, and ‘tis already December 5th and I only gave you guy’s one Christmas fact. So to make up for it, I’m including two Christmas facts in this post today. Enjoy, and please accept my apologies for being a slacker. Christmas fact # 2: Candy Canes - A 18th century English candy maker decided to make a candy commemorating Christmas (this was during the time that Christmas celebrating was outlawed in England) [see 12 days of Christmas], the result was a candy cane representing the Shepherds staff and upside down, a letter for Jesus. Made of white candy to represent purity with 3 red stripes for the Trinity and 1 large red stripe for Jesus' blood later shed. Some dispute this.**

So lots going on in my neck of the wood, and I have no idea where to start. All I can say is that mom had me freeze my nu-nu’s off Sunday. Don’t ask me what the hell my nu-nu’s are, as I have no idea myself what they are. But as I’m actually trying to keep this a PG rating today, decided to use that word. Anyway, I digress.

Sunday, as I am busting my butt, trying to put together my Ab Scissor, as I had finally carried the pieces upstairs, to the little room, mom comes in and announces to Ida and I that our friend Ann had invited us to a Christmas tree lighting. Ann has been a little blue the past month, and we love her (and her cookies) so I had said to mom yes, I would go along even though we had tones of things to do. Mom told me that the tree lighting ceremony would be no more than an hour. Which that worked out great, because Ida and I wanted to go to a store, and plus I was STARVING, so we had planned on getting something to eat after the tree lighting and before going to the store.

Fast forward to the park where this wonderful event would be taking place. Mom and I milled, talking to people we knew as the stage was set up. One of our friends had asked where Ida was, and we told them home, as she would be too cold. At that point I find out that this snow-riffic event was not an hour long. OH NO! It was going to be 2 hours long. Two hours. In the cold. Which I HATE the COLD. HATE IT…with the furry of a million snow flakes. And if that wasn’t enough…I got bum rushed up on stage with my mother and her friends to sing Christmas carols. Singing…in public….with a microphone. I am shy when it comes to stuff like that, and here I was in a park singing in front of some people I knew and A LOT more people that I DIDN’T know.

To wrap up the two-hour singing cold fest, mom and I joined the throng of people on line for hot chocolate. The way the hot chocolate people were distributing the beverage was so asinine. They would not allow any people in to the little room to pick up their cup of cocoa (because of the fire hazard body count), but I almost got NO hot chocolate because I went in to the room twice, thinking that was what you were supposed to do. Tre bad planning hot chocolate people tre bad indeed! No one should be yelled at for not following the hot chocolate receivable directions when they are not posted. All I had to hear was a ‘NO HOT CHOCOLATE FOR YOU!!!’ yelled at me, and I would have believed I was in a Seinfeld episode.

All in all we had a nice, yet cold afternoon. And somewhere on the Chamber of Commerce web site will be pictures of me singing on stage. Singing Christmas songs. In public!

Christmas fact # 3: Stamps - On Christmas day 1898, Canada started its Penny Postal System and issued a stamp to commemorate Christmas, this proved very popular and many other countries have since done also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home