Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Christmas = Christmas Cookies

Christmas fact # 4: Father Christmas - Developed from several pagan gods. The Roman Saturnalia, a giant who brought food, wine, joy and revelry once a year to all and Odin, who would sweep across the land during the winter. Always portrayed as a giant with a robe lined with fur and holly with ivy or mistletoe on his head and carrying a Yule Log.

Each year at Christmas, my house smells like a cookie factory. I have to say, my family has never been rich, and financially….but we’re rich with the love, and memories, and traditions that have been passed on from generation to generation. So even at the age of 30, come Christmas, mom, Ida and I are dashing about the kitchen making cookies to share with friends and loved ones. Two years ago I had wanted to have a holiday open house, and had made hundreds; (no lie there) of cookies…as it was just going to be a snack party. Well, the day of our open house, we got hit with a freak blizzard, and had cookies coming out the ying-yang.

Last year we threw a Christmas tea party for our lady-friends which went way better. Nice weather, and not as many cookies…but more than enough to go around. So now it has come to baking Christmas cookies again, and we’ve been trying to narrow which cookies to make. It’s really difficult, because there are some favorites which you just HAVE to make each year, and of course there are ones that are specialty so this is the only time of year you make them. But there are so many different types of cookies it is hard to decide. Anyway, this year here are some of the cookies we’ve decided upon. Hope they make your mouth water:

  1. Chocolate Chip Cookies
  2. Sugar Cookies
  3. Gingerbread Cookies with Snowflake Fondant icing
  4. Almond Snowball Cookies
  5. Tri-colored Cookies
  6. Peanut Butter Cookies
  7. Italian Knot Cookies
  8. Sherry Butter Nut Drops Cookies
  9. Maamoul: Stuffed Date-Orange Cookies
  10. Jam Thumbprint Cookies

    And that’s just to name a few!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home