Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas 2006 was rather quiet and nice. Granted I am a bit run down, but nothing that rest can’t take care of. 2007 is almost upon us, and no matter who I speak with, no one can believe how fast the year has flown.

Things that I am grateful for:
· The health of my family & myself
· Having a job to support me and a roof over my head
· My TRUE friends
· Being able to go away several times this past year on mini-vacations
· Pooka & Cro`i being as wonderful as they are and the upcoming arrival of our new puppy Vixen

Some of the items I got as Christmas gifts:

· 3-piece luggage set
· Leather vest w/ fur
· Sterling silver 1 ct. tennis bracelet
· Heart pendant and chain with stones
· Puppy chew toy & photo album for Vixen

2007 New Years Resolutions:
· Lose 10 pounds
· Try to control my anxiety on my own
· Be less sarcastic (yeah right...as if that will happen)
· Curse less
· Write. Start my story that I’ve had rattling around in my head. Perhaps it will wind up as a blog for all to enjoy. Or maybe I will take the leap and try to have it published as a book

Christmas weekend was a flurry of events, although it was a quiet holiday. Saturday night mom, Ida & I went to Nelson’s for a lovely dinner. Of course I ate way too much as there was: turkey, stuffing, turnips and potatoes. The house looked lovely, and Peter truly had outdone himself with decorating. Sunday the three of us cooked, and cleaned, and ran amuck in our house getting ready for Christmas day. We were so exhausted, that we never even made it to Midnight Mass. That was disappointing, as we have ALWAYS gone to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. Anyway Christmas morning, we opened gifts, had eggnog bread pudding for breakfast and went to Mass. Dinner was a standing rib roast, lasagna and the trimmings. Nelson and Peter had dinner with us, and Cousin Tom joined us for coffee.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    Good to hear you had a good Christmas. Happy New Year!

     
  • At 10:22 AM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Thank you for your well wishes. Hope that you and all of your gang had a great Christmas and all good things to you and yours for the New Year!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home