Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Puppy Pandemonium

Never in my life did I EVER have a hard time getting a pet. I may have had a difficult time convincing mom to let me get a pet. But the actual pet picking and ownership...not a problem. Until now that is.
Being that we wanted to find a puppy who needed a home, we opted to look on sevral different sites such as petfinder.org, and rescue sites as well as local shelters. I had come to find an American Staffordshire Terrier, by the name of Vixen who needed a home. Filling out the application, was approved and and told that for $250.00 we would get our pup spayed, micro-chipped, and all vaccinations. Anyway, we would have gotten her (Vixen on January 8th which was earlier than we were supposed to) but the plan fell through.
I have called shelters, combed puppy listings and rescue sites. Spoken to countless people and treated like crap. One woman who rescues Schnauzers spoke with my mother and demanded to know who was going to feed the dog lunch if she and I both worke? Another woman screamed at me that I shouldn't be getting a dog to amuse my cats. Who are these people and what right do they have to treat someone as such? Mom tried to get us puppies from a friend's daughter's friend whose dog just had a litter of pups. Yeah, lets not even go there. The girl wouldn't even let us come to just LOOK at the pups.
What the hell is going on? Why is it so difficult for us to get a puppy? Saturday I have to come in to the office to work a few hours, and then may have the chance to look at a pup out in Bide-a-wee shelter. So that MAY be our puppy....but the way things are going. Who knows. Dows anyone have a puppy they want to entrust to a good home?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home