Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I don’t understand the male species……Really I don’t.

And for that matter, I don’t understand Match.com either. In a past post, I shared the news that annoying co-worker informed me that I need to get out and start dating. And for some insane reason, I listened to him. My friend Claire asked me about on-line dating (As she is in a good relationship with a nice guy. A nice guy who doesn’t have any brothers…lol.) And I decided to reactivate my profile on www.match.com and update the photo and see what fish were out there.

I don’t lie about my likes, hobbies, or body type in my profile. Because what good would that do? If it ever gets to meeting one of these guys, can’t snap my fingers and look like Gretchen Mohl. I try to get across my wittiness, my love of family and friends, and just be myself. If anyone does want to look, my screen name on match is Orelinde…let me know what you think, in a critiquing manner, insight, pointers, and suggestions are most appreciated.

Anyway, I was brave and reached out and both e-mailed and *winked* at some guys, who Match.com said met my criteria and who I met theirs. (Because, Dr. Phil knows it all.) Well one guy wrote me back and said he didn’t think we were a match. Ok, at least he was nice enough than to just leave me hanging. The majority of the other guys never responded, after checking out my photo. When you sign up for match, there is this thing you must fill out, that allows you to say what: body type, age group, turn-on’s and turn-off’s, etc. that you’re looking for or not wanting in a mate. So if I reach out to a guy, who STATES (body type: about average, curvy) is ok….and they look at my photo….then why are they saying I am not what they’re looking for? I DON’T GET IT! I DON’T! I mean, I am not an Angelina Jolie, but I also don’t think I look like leather face either.

Also, it is taking me forever to get my primary photo excepted on Match.com. I do have three additional photos on my profile. So I then decided to crop one photo and post it as my primary, and it keeps posting an OLD photo of me, from when I was on Match.com in the past. So then I try to e-mail Match my photo that I want to use, and they keep telling me that no photo is attached to the e-mail. ARGH!!!!! *Pulling hair* I don’t understand this! Am I doomed to be single forever? Is Match.com and Dr. Phil both ass-munches, and sucking single people dry? Has the male species just decided to become un-communicative with Orelinde? Damn you www.match.com ! Damn you Dr. Phil! Damn you annoying co-worker who thinks I need to be out and dating!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger Piccu said...

    I don't know about all the other stuff, but what I do know is that yes, Dr. Phil is an ass munch.

    Give it some time, I'm sure someone will find you match-tastic.

     
  • At 2:45 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Thank you Piccu. I wasn't trying to throw myself a pity party. Really, I wasn't.

    But as usual it's nice to hear someone be supportive.

    You rock!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home