Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Corporate Chaos and Employee Anger

So the PTB (Powers-To-Be) are cracking down on my department at work it seems. Not only is it stupid, but they’re actually cutting their own throats. Because although the administrative support is irked over this….other workers are actually rebelling over it. Why this is coming down now, we’re not sure. Was it one specific employee who ruined it for the rest of the department, again no one is saying anything.

All I know is that it is no longer fun to come to work, and it is totally every man or woman for ourselves. Some people do not get why I am so upset, as well as other administrative staff. But having a FULL HOUR is nice. I used to get a lot done on that hour. I could run errands, whether it is grocery shopping, or pet store run or going to Target to browse. The hour was mine and I was able to clear my head, and still get back to the office ON TIME. Mum and Ida would meet me for lunch on Wednesday. Now if I don’t bring lunch with me, I’m sweating bullets worrying on where I can get to, buy or even eat lunch and make it back in the half hour. It’s just lunacy. Below is an e-mail that had been sent out last night, and then ‘Big Bad’ felt compelled to send yet another one reiterating this one this morning. *Snarls* He is an ass. The PTB’s are all asses. I have come to the conclusion that I either work with all asses or in a proctologist’s office. Below I have included the bulk of the e-mail from last night. Happy reading!


Per departmental policy, you are entitled to two fifteen minute breaks which are paid and one half hour lunch which is not paid.

Breaks are not allowed to be combined with one another nor can they be added to your lunch time.

As mentioned yesterday, I will expect everyone to maintain a set lunch period. In positions that require coverage, employees are to work in shifts. These set times will be communicated by your manager.

In addition, I would like to add some reminders, they are as follows:

Ø Tardiness, all employees are expected to be at your work station by the start of your day. If for any reason you are running late, you should make every attempt to contact your supervisor to notify them of this.

Ø Overtime is by management approval only; no employee is to take it upon one self to assume authorization of overtime. If for any reason your daily responsibilities are not being completed, please communicate this to your supervisor.

Ø Breaks, this time is to be used for personal time such as consuming beverage or snack, personal calls or smoking to list a few. Please pay close attention to the time used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home