Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What do you believe happens when you die?

From Wikipedia:
Death is the permanent end of the life of a biological organism. Death may refer to the end of life as either an event or condition.[1] Many factors can cause or contribute to an organism's death, including predation, disease, habitat destruction, senescence, malnutrition and accidents. The principal causes of death in modern human societies are diseases related to aging.[1] Traditions and beliefs related to death are an important part of human culture, and central to many religions. In medicine, biological details and definitions of death have become increasingly complicated as technology advances.

In the Catholic religion, you basically are told that dependign on how you lived your life, you'd either be granted eternal rest with God (if you were a good person) or be sent to hell for eternity (should you be bad.) And that's just a rudimentary explination. However, what about the other theories? Those of reincarnation or ghosts, or even purgatory? Is there a period between the time you die, and the time you 'cross over'? And if so, what exactly happens during that time?

I don't fear death or dieing. I may be one of the few people who don't. That's not to say that I'm suicidal or even looking forward to 'buying the farm'. Perhaps it is because I had more pain and sadness in my childhood than a child should have, or maybe it's just because I have my faith and know that I will go to a good place.

But what happens when you pass on? Do you believe that if you dream of someone recently departed, that it is actually a 'stolen moment' with them? Their final opportunity to say good-bye, and it isn't really a dream? Do you think that whatever/whoever you believe in grants our loved ones a chance to visit us, to let us know they're still watching over us? Or do you believe in once you pass on, that's it...end of story?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home